2004 trailblazer. Water collecting on passenger floor. No coolant, just water.

Asked by Aug 28, 2015 at 06:24 PM about the Chevrolet TrailBlazer

The water send to pool when the AC is on
only. Not so much with heater, or that's just
residual moisture from when AC is on.

Tends* to pool.... Sorry for the typo. Single mom and need to figure out how to fix this myself.

This is condensation from the evaporator .... it (should have) a hose connected to a catch pan leading outside the car. It really is not a difficult fix - if you are a contortionist midget. Regardless, you have to get in up under the dash and find out where the drain hose has become disconnected and push it back on. It really is that easy

Would this be accessed via the dash where the stereo, heating/AC controls in the middle of the console dash area? I believe that area pops off. This would indeed make sense. However, can I get to it up under the dash as well? I'm not a midget contortionist, however I am 4'11 and can get into small spaces easily :-)

No offense intended. That was actually a bad-taste joke. My apologies. But yes, up way up where the evap grille is, way up where the the bevels for the heat/A/C exchange is. Not to be accessed by pulling the dashboard off, but rather getting up under from bottom. There is a 'grille' like thing, with heat-dissipating fins, and under that is a catch--pan. That hose....

None taken :-) I do believe I saw that up under where the glove compartment area is. It is plastic vented area with a sponge that is wet pushing through the vents/grill..... But I don't see a hose, and no access behind that from the inside. I'm assuming that sponge isn't supposed to be coming through that..... It's indeed wet!

William Ticker

Its not supposed to be wet you can see if the leak is there but if not its going to be the heater coil leaking cause it will leak on the passenger side floorboard.. hope you can find it to be just the tube but most likely its the heater coil leaking. You can look it up..

I agree with you William. Usually that would be the culprit. But only thing is she did say clear water, not coolant. The odor is distinctive, and what I don't understand is "sponge" ? Like some sort of insulation?

It's leaking where this spongy looking thing is pushing out the grille area that is up under the dash, straight down and onto the passenger side. My only issue is I've removed everything possible around the grill area where it's leaking and I can't get behind the grille..... Should I just shove this sponge like thing back up inside and see what happens or yank it out and hope for the best? I can't thank you guys enough for the help.....

Definitely just water and not coolant....