my friend says there is no dip stick to see how much power steering fluid is in it, is that correct or not?

Asked by Mar 02, 2013 at 11:00 AM about the Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

I don't know specifically about your Malibu, but every P/S pump reservoir I have ever seen the dipstick is attached to the filler/reservoir cap

Hey Dave good day to you, So what year? It should be generally on the drivers side towards the fire wall and is marked with ATF on it. Keep in mind it's not like checking the oil, there is a right way to check it and definite wrong way, and if you don't know what that is or what I mean you'll have to ask because I am really tired of writing long instructions to help people and don't get either a response or at least a thanks. It will probably be red or yellow handle in color. So, if you want the rest of the proper way to check just ask.... See Dave I'm learning...LOL dissertations no more.!!

OOPs, I was just reading a tranny question and answered the wrong one, so please don't bother to ask about how to check the tranny fluid...LOL glad I caught myself.

First there has to be a way to check your power steering fluid. GM is tricky, really tricky. I get asked where it is on the Regal Buick all the time and what you want to do is locate it first and though I am not one hundred percent on this Malibu go over to the passenger side back by the firewall down low and usually hidden by hoses hopefully if it's the old GM hidden power steering unit trick, it will be there. And if so, unscrew the cap pull it out and the level measuring stick is attached to the cap. Let me know if I'm right PLEASE, so I know for the future.

Yo dude..good morning I was wondering about that,,ATF..have some coffee, compadre

Hi Dave, Really been missing you bro!! serious, been fighting and arguing and getting reprimanded about calling Gurus A@#holes etc. so I slammed the site, you know me. Surprised they are still letting me play...LOL They, the site here cost me a purchase down in Costa Mesa on a Regal I wanted. It took them a week to contact the seller and by then he had taken it from the lot, this was a dealer and went to auction and got totally screwed. He is really mad at this site as he wanted $4200 for this unusual Regal and I offered $5K sight unseen, because I knew what it was. So this place is going to be losing a lot of business because of that as he is telling all his dealer buddies about what happened and he is really mad, heck I don't blame him and then to make matters worse he set his reserve at the auction all screwed up and just lost lost lost. To bad because frankly for a used car guy, he is uncharacteristically honest and a really nice guy, so I offered him a deal and I think we might have a really sweet deal as I can get more money in CA than here is WA, really depends though, no hot rod with your new emission stuff. They just murdered your hot rod industry. Good business for me. Delivery is tough and getting more expensive with this gas company created gas hike.

Actually this place runs under another name of something like Carsforsale.com or something dumb, this place is huge, to huge, they can't control and operate their own business right.

You know what, from experience I have been led to believe Henry is a smart, knowledgeable guy...but I don't know him

to get back off topic, is there a key amount of space between the opening and the top of the p/s fluid, for example if the cap was lost, and had no stick on that and ended up using an antique mayonnaise top...what do you think, 1/2 inch? 10mm? 3/4 of an inch. clue me once or two-

Henry_S has been most helpful and polite...don't think he's a corporate shill, just a guy who wants to help...same as us.

My car keeps cutting off and its says check DAB when I try to turn on my car if I remove the radio and put a new one will my car start again cause im thinking it has something to do with the wiring