my corsica will over heat even on cold days and i cant seem to figure out the problem

5

Asked by Dec 11, 2010 at 10:38 PM about the Chevrolet Corsica

i have tried a new thermostat i blew out my radiator everyday the electric fans keep the temp down to about a little over 210 but cant drive out on the highway and my grandparents who gave me the car told me it has a new water pump anyone got suggestions?

240

if you have a bleeder nut or screw just above the thermostat housing , you need to bleed the system cause you have an air lock

try the bleading of the system,210 is the right temp,are you going buy the temp guadge or is it actually overheating,haveing to add coolent to it,2 problems you may have 1-a bad guadge,2- blown head gasket.check oil to see if milkey looking,or exseffse steam comeing from exhaust pipe.

25

it could be a water pump to but sounds like a head gasket if your losing fluid

Mine had a tiny crack on the underside of the hose leading away from the water pump. I never would have found it if I hadn't disconnected the water pump, thinking it was bad. Turned out the pump was fine, just a little section of hose needed replacing.

collent & oil leaks are a big pita to trace down,good thing the wp has a weep hole.

335

possibly plugged heater core restricting the coolant flow...juss a thought ..

35

try the relay for the fan mine went out and it took me a week to find out y i was over heating i put a new one in and now it stays cool

Are you leaking anti-freeze?

Are you leaking anti-freeze?

Trade your car in please spent over 5000 dollars there is really no fix. Unless you have big pockets. Replaced water pump, head gasket, even bleeding the system of air. High- velocity water pump and fan have blown two radiators. I am trading it back to the Chevrolet dealer the engine is a lemon, in my opinion, the engine starts to fail after 60 thousand miles the internal cooling ports are too small and corrode with crap and no amount of flushing will work starving the engine of cooling fluid especially going up hills if you don't believe me ask your dealer or mechanic for a guarantee.