installed new rack and pinion now engine misfires??

100

Asked by Mar 28, 2015 at 11:19 PM about the Chevrolet Cobalt

i started my cobalt pulled it out the garage jacked it up took the old rack and pinion out
put the new one in and then when i went to start it was not right the engine was
missing and the engine light was flashing so i shut it off i though my coil pack went so
i changed that and the plugs and insulators...idk what i missed here i cant see how my
engine could blow just by starting it. it doesnt knock just rocks real bad. its a 06 cobalt
ls 2.2 5 speed 131k

247,145

Recheck all your connections, sounds like you forgot to plug something back in.

100

there are no connections its just the tie rod ends and the steering shaft its a electric power steering on it so no lines even really simple but i was also low on gas and it was cold as hell yesterday maybe moisture was in the fuel system its missing so bad im afraid to even run it.

100

i left the battery off over night to re set the computer incase changing the rack had anything to do with that but nothing. i think its just coincidence. unless jacking it up with it low on fuel caused something to freeze. i also turned the key forward a couple times when i changed the rack to get to the driveshaft bolt

415

Changing your stearing (rack & pinion ) has no affect on your car starting.

100

ya im guessing its coincidence..unless it fried my coil pack modulator. it fires up every time just missin real bad gotta keep the accelerator pushed down or the rpms just bounce. the cel is flashing. havent read the code but its probably just a p0300

100

read the codes it was p0300 random cylinder misfire..well two actually..changed the oil n put gas n injector cleaner in it. might take off the intake manifold later n check the valves...it seems to be a little better. ive narrowed it down to either bad injectors, bad gas, vaccum leak or jumped the timing chain. or the cat is clogged it is getting alot of condensation coming out the tail pipe