what is a cam? Cable actuated? Vacuum Brake Booster? Twin H beam? Shift Rod Above tube? Cylinder on back of master cylinder? 1987 Chevy Panel Van

Asked by May 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM about the Chevrolet Chevy Van

I dont have a clue what these are and what the mean? Can someone please tell me what they are and there
purpose? N how to fix them.

245

You have a lot of parts listed, some of which are not related to others. The cam is a shaft that controls when your valves open and close in your motor. Cable actuated means that a cable controls when something works, usualy something opening or closing. The vacume boster is the cylinder behind the master cylinder that creates more vacume to help power your brakes. Not sure if twin H beam refers to connecting rods or not as they would not be refered to as twin that I know of. If you wish to fix these things I would get a haynes or chilton manual.

your best bet is to get a repair manual and learn general engine basics, like the cam is what pushes the lifters up & down connected to the push rods connected to the rocker arms that open & close the valves , haven't got a clue do you? I though so. lol everybody has to start somewhere, there is no cylinder behind the master cylinder it's called a brake booster that works under vacuum to create more power to the master cylinder. It's what puts the Power in power brakes.the only thing with an H beam would be connecting rods , what connnects the piston to the crank shaft. cable actuated is just anything that is activated by a cable , like trottle cable , parking brake ex..... well if you want lessons i get paid by the hr. lol