I have replaced the break booster and master cylinder... I bleed the back brakes first... sometimes it feels like the brake is pushing back as I push an makes a grinding sound.

Asked by May 19, 2015 at 06:41 AM about the Chevrolet Caprice

What did I do wrong?

87,025

Have you checked the brakes themselves? Grinding is usually worn out brakes, and the push back you feel could be the antilock kicking in.

7,610

What did you do wrong? You did not have the car fully inspected by an ASE technician at a BRAKE shop. Is my gut reaction,...............But to help, it would be necessary to tell more about it. Are you saying your new symptom is caused by your work ? Is it during the road test after repair? Give us more story to get an idea. Tennis shoes is right about abs, and we can use the info about how you have it acting up, and what circumstances, it gives a clue of unwanted or unnecessary abs pump motor and valve operation. If that is true, you may hear it, feel it, but tell more about it, because if you have abs, the bleeding can require a bleeding tool. It actuates the valves and simulates what the system needs so you can operate it to get the air out with he wheels off. Sensors can cause unwanted operation too, but you do not say you have a light for abs outstanding.

7,610

"Grinding" can describe pump motor operation if you are getting it at the right circumstances. "Pushing back" can be feel of valves in operation when unneeded.

Yes it has ABS... and it was making the sound an pushing back as I push the brakes before I replaced the brake booster, master cylinder,front and back brakes an I also replaced the front brake calipers

7,610

If you can complete the system bleed without a low pedal or seeming to be a bleed issue, or it has not changed its symptom from before your normal brake repairs, it could have a service code, if it has an issue without a code being set, you could have to start with abs prechecks, an inspection of each part in the system, the components, their wiring and connectors, then sensor tests, then retest same tests at the abs processor to verify good connections and harness. Or, you can call GM dealer to see if they have a favorite part, and or a service bulletin. You can research definite info by using an automotive database. free at the library. If I experienced your issue and could find no related cause, I would eliminate recalls and bulletins first.