low oil pressure

5

Asked by Oct 12, 2011 at 06:12 PM about the Chevrolet Camaro

Ok here we goi i have an issue with low oil pressure in my camaro with a 3.8 (3800 series 2).  Its been rebuilt,  pumps been packed good and i only get 5 pound of pressure through the needle gauge (after market) dash gauge is broke. can any one help me?

135

How close is the oil pick up tube to pan and is the pick up tube been welded on so it wont fall off.

135

Also you said the pump was packed??? Do you meen primed I hope? And how recent of a rebuild on engine?

5

Yes I meen primed lasts year and sat till now. The pick up yube is bolted on

135

Might check just to make sure pan didnt get dented in on bottom and check the oil pressure sensor itself. It could of just went bad. Hopeully the clearance in the main bearings isnt to tight and would cause that too.

5

oil pan was put on after motor was in i herd theres and oil sending unit and there oil plugs in the block

135

some of those motors had a extermal out pump on them and are famous for going out. If it is the old pump from the old motor I would say check that.

5

the only one I found was on the crack in front of the motor

135

The oil pump on the motor did they use the old one or put a new one on it is what I was saying. If it is the old one it could be bad or have trash in it

i need to know how close the pickup screen is suppose to be to the bottom of the oil pan. i have a new oil pan and a new pick up tube. pan from spectra and tube from Melling. the the tube hits the bottom of the pan.