yo whats a good exhaust for my camaro

5

Asked by Oct 27, 2010 at 06:59 PM about the Chevrolet Camaro

?

6,665

for the 3rd gen i like dynomax

105

There ain't nothing better than a GMMG Cat-back exhaust. Definitely the best sounding Cat-backs made for F-bodies.. and only for F-bodies so they're always gonna get comments. Only fits 1982-2002 F-bodies. Its a chambered exhaust system

35

I love my dynomax race bullet

585

summit sells a flow master set 3in intermidieate pipe 3 in pipe that goes over axle and 3 in that goes where the muffler will be, you have to buy the pieces seperatly but it comes out to only a little over a hundred bucks and than you can choose your muffler, thats just prefrence. magnaflow makes great exaust and sells a stainless steel muffler for 100 bucks, thats under 3oo for the whole sytem... thoes are my plans

6,665

Not to knock your plans but Systems typically give the best results. They are dyno tuned as a whole so that flow is matched for optimal performance. When you just start slapping stuff together you tend to lose a little power over what could have been. That's the reason isaid dynomax. They have a complete system from headers on back. And I loved the way my dynomax sounded. It was mean.

45

i would go go for the flowmasters

6,665

I have never heard anything bad about those exhausts. All reviews are stellar. BUT with that said the cost for an equal performer in hp is half the price.

105

GMMG are unique, only available for f-bodies 82-02 and since they're rarely heard of by people outside of online clubs usually your the only one in your area with them. The only ones that give close to equal performance would be Borla and Corsa, and both those are more expensive than GMMG by a lot since GMMG is only $750(shipping included). GMMG is Chambered which are based off of and very similar in sound to the 69 z28 chambered exhaust. - I would never recommend any flowmasters, they're very restrictive on the motor and have a very distinctive Rasp, some like that... but It really does sound bad. If you were going for cheap, i would look at either Magnaflow being my 2nd choice then Dynamax. but I would never recommend any flowmaster series Original Poster, and Any1 else interested Go to their page here and read up on them and theres some sound clips for more check out youtube by searching "GMMG" http://gmmginc.net/Exhaust/

15

as far as exhaust goes if your looking for something to pair with bolt ons magnaflow is gonna be your best bet there is no sense in paying a grand unless you have a lot of engine work and absolutely have to have the best flow

105

Far as i know Magnaflow doesn't bolt directly in for 82-92, some modifying is needed Though they are my 2nd choice in Catbacks. Tbh All cars deserve the best Flow, Like i always was told - If you do something right the first time you won't have to do it again. Get the Ideal exhaust you want/need the first time - look ahead at what you plan for the car- if you buy a Budget exhaust then plan to mod the car more, you'll end up having to buy a whole nother system. GMMG are $750 btw :P Borla and Corsa are the $1,000+ Systems and they both are minor in comparison to GMMG.

915

magnaflow :)

585

damn lol, i like the borlas and the stainless but unless your driving in the winter or plan on making a show car... i dont see the need. in my opinion its all about the sound and chase the parts i was refering too are actualy replacement parts for a flowmaster system. it was 500 for the whole thing but i wanna be different, everyone seems to have flowmasters. so i priced out how much just the pipes from the cat to the muffler would be and it was just over 100 bucks and leaves me to be able to choose my own muffler. ive spent alot of time on this matter and this was the cheapest rout i could find and will flow just as well as the others. if ya got the money borla is def sick tho there systems y' right before the muffler and send half straight out the back and the other through the muff... thats why there so laud

585

and chase id apreciate it if you dont try to school me in cars. i know my own car very well

6,665

i wasnt trying to "school you in cars". i was stating a fact. entire systems dyno tested as a whole typically make more power than multiple pieces put together.

585

yeah and its not all necessary unless your talking serious serious power.... 5-10 crank horse power isnt worth the money for a tuned system. and i just get agrevated when people talk down to me when the dont know me i wouldnt have posted it if it was just a bunch of pipes slaped together

6,665

Dude I wasn't talking down to you. Just stating my opinion and some data. Doesn't mean you have to listen to it or agree. Didn't mean to offend you in any way

I'm considering swapping my 305 for a carbureted 6.0L or 6.2L with an Edelbrock Victor Jr and Edelbrock 2 stage fogger system so a typical system most likely won't work for my 89 RS. I'm considering a 3" system with resonators followed by Aero Turbine mufflers (one per pipe). I have successful experience with this type of exhaust setup on my 07 Sierra 5.3L. Does anyone have any experience with this type of setup?