Do you think this will make it from Rhode Island to Florida?

75

Asked by Nov 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM about the Chevrolet Camaro

im getting this car, and i have to drive it from ri to florida.......

85

gonna have to see a lot more of it to know, but i would be prepared to stop/get towed to a garage.

15

wats the engine look like and how many miles?

6,675

my 89 iroc with 62,000 miles on it struggled to make it from wisconsin to florida. had my fan switch fail so it was overheating constantly and i had problems with the brakes a lot. but im sure once i got both those fixed i could have made the trip again without any problems. its a 50/50 chance id say

75

its a 84 z28, its got 150k miles. i put in a new battery, altinator. all new brake shoes/pads, brake lines, tires. theres barely any rust on it... my grandfather owns a gas station/service station were im getting it from, so if i need anything ill get it before i leave. any suggestions on what i should carry extra on.... or parts that would most likly pop on a trip like this..

if your serious about the car, then spend a week or two near the car and check it out. if its a poc then ditch it. you have a slite advantge with your grandpas shop.

poc means peace "o" crap

75

ive been working on it for 2 years, so i know the ins and outs of it..... i think it may be worth of making it

175

i dont know. it is a gm. Im just cringing at the though. If you did I would break it up into multiple days.

75

I've got it broken up into 5 days, thursday is just a warm up day..... the 4th day will be the longest, 12 hours

175

It only takes me 13 hours to get from atlanta georgia to allentown pa. but then it also takes 8 hours to get from atlanta to orlando florida. if you only drove six to seven hours each day you would be there on the 5th day no problem. Just take mountain roads. They are remote but they are the fastest route.

75

ive got it so were taking the stop in nj. may-port ferry to the bay and bridge tunnel in maryland. to north carolina. to palm coast florida. if i take it slow, it should be no prob.

if you think it'll last the trip back, then get it. you might be hassled by cops if there's no plates on it. if you got a chaser car with for just in case, then you should be fine. good luck and let us know how things go when your back.

75

i got plates for it, reg. in florida. im gunna need all the luck i can get when it comes to the cops.. its gonna be hard not to speed. thanks alot for all the support, and ill let you know what happens on the 7th, when i get back.

75

btw, the car is running great! made it to new jersey with no problem... avg 21 mpg's. i really think it will make it all the way!

good to hear. i hope you make it back without a slinger(towtruck).

75

well, i made it home to florida with no prob. except the windsheild is cracked...... o well that nothing major

thats good to hear.