I have a Mercedes Benz 1999 E 320 150k miles that I wrecked. Money is tight and I don't know how reliable it would be to buy the parts off eBay. Please help me I have more questions and I have pics

Asked by Mar 29, 2014 at 01:33 AM about the Mercedes-Benz 300-Class

I smashed in the front left side and
the rear left side. Definitely need a
new truck rear bumper rear quarter
panel front bumper trunk and front
quarter panel. The engine runs
completely fine there was no damage
to that.

251,395

MB salvage yard that stock body parts. Or find a donor car. Painting to match is quite expensive, if that is important to you. Also I would look underneath for more damage than just the body panels, such as brake lines and suspension components. Try to find someone local who can help you out that does work on the side.

35,005

Listen to Tom. There's probably more damage then you can see.

22,945

what a conundrum- with no insurance, that is a bad scene- that car has considerable mileage and is not a desirable model, anyway- my opinion is just to scrap it and start over- with another car- the time and money is not worth it- or, to be frugal, buy another one like it, and keep that one for parts-

1,085

I agree with jamn. You say money is tight, but right is relative. If you're driving a Benz, I'll assume you aren't eating ramen and getting food stamps. I have a 450 SLC that was bequeathed to me and the cost to maintain it is astronomical, and that's just for routine (routine routine being relative) I've been lucky and haven't had to have any body work fine our under body damage. In your situation, I think I would junk it to the highest bidder and get something new you don't have to worry about. It might have to be less prestigious set of wheels, but it will be cheaper in the long run. I love Acura, the top of the line Korean brands and Nissans. Good luck!

1,085

PS: The SLC is driven at least 3 to 4 times a week so it's no museum piece.

9,025

No matter how much you spend on repairs - it is still a 1999 car with 150k miles on it. And your post did not say - but sounds like it may not be drivable at this time. The thousands you will save on repairs will go a long way to a newer (and drivable) replacement. And as Tom pointed out - you are assuming you have identified all the needed repairs before removal of the parts.