Does anyones Honda some times shift hard when it goes from first to secound.

115

Asked by Feb 15, 2011 at 01:15 AM about the Honda Passport

Mine shifts hard somethimes when it shifts from first to secound. All the other gears are nice and smooth.

20

Mine 1999 has been having that issue lately. I bought it from a friend who warned me about it but he said the dealership tore his transmission apart twice and they never could find a problem. It not all the time but it seems to be becoming more frequent. Let me know if you find any thing out.

mine 2000 passport do the same thing 1 to second but only when engine is cold it takes about 3 minutes to the temp gauge stay in the middle but after that shif fine maybe to much friction from all particules who knows

40

my 1997 passport was doing the same thing. I replaced the shift solenoids and it shifts perfectly. They are located in the side of the lower valve body. Drain the transmission, remove the pan and filter. They are inserted into the side of the valve body. Find a good diagram. Not too hard. I had to remove the whole lower valve body to drive out two spring pins (holding the solenoids in).

40

be careful not to damage the electrical connectors. I broke the connector to the band control solenoid and had to replace it as well. It would have been a lot easier if I hadn't had to remove the lower valve body. Again, find a good diagram because there are two check balls you'll need to place back where they came from.