where can i find a del sol brake proportioning valve 1993

Asked by Mar 30, 2013 at 04:57 PM about the Honda Civic del Sol

http://www.autopartsexpress.com/parts/HONDA_CIVIC_DEL_SOL_Brake_Proportioning_Valve.html

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/oem-honda-del-sol-brake-brake-proportioning-valve.html

in your braking circuit. where did you think?

99,085

She wants one that works...

sorry, just bein' a doof--today~

How were you able to determine that the valve was defective? If I could so boldly ask?

The dealer did an inspection because my break light kept coming on he said it was leaking there. Honda does not make them anymore. If I fill the oil it will go off but then go on later. They told me it is not safe to drive.

The brake switch on a Honda Civic sends an electrical signal to the brake lights. This switch is set to be always "hot." This means that power is constantly flowing to the brake lights, even when the ignition is off and there is no key in the ignition. What this has to do with a proportional valve is beyond me, the brake lights are not controlled by it. Safe to drive. Any car with a brake fluid leak is not safe. It does not matter that Honda does not make them, they are available from the supplier I posted above, among others. Unless you are familiar with these things, it is not a DIY. But the dealer will be double in cost of a reputable shop. When the master cylinder becomes low, it will warn you, and when you top it off the light will go off.

click the images to see them

the switch

better supplier: http://www.carpartswholesale.com/cpw/honda~civic~brake_proportioning_valve.html

It just dawned on me I misread what you meant. The dealer did an inspection, and found the leak. While in the process of fixing your brake lights. OK.

15

The dashlight not the brake lights