Civic Type R N.A. on the track

295

Asked by Apr 29, 2009 at 01:19 AM about the Honda Civic

Hi guys, I'm considering getting a new car for track use and I'm considering a Civic Type R. Does anybody have good track experience with that car? I don't know anybody who owns N.A. vehicles with smaller engine capacities so I'm a little skeptical about how much power can be drawn out of it. Before you say "throw in a turbo" I want to say that i don't want to do that, as the sudden kick of a turbo isn't good on a 2WD car that I plan to strip down to the minimum possible weight. So I'd like to know how much power anybody has managed to get out of the 2L engine, quartermile times perhaps, if understeer is a problem round the corners (I've heard of too many Integras flying into walls around here), how well the car handles late apex turns and how well does the car prevents the rear wheels from losing traction when you slam on either pedal. For now that's it. Give me some opinions quick! I've got a really good price deal that I'm considering on hold at the moment.

185

1. That is a sexy car!!!! 2. I haven't had any track experience... Im broke and in college... track car project not happening now... 3. I'm going to build a B18C5 N/A and I will have about 315bhp... so I would say that if you don't mind rebuilding the engine with forged internals... go for it... plus with the forged internals a turbo is an easy add-on!!!