Max HP one can get out of a Tuner

45

Asked by Jul 02, 2008 at 04:03 PM about the Honda Civic

Just curious on how much HP you can get out of a fully Tuned Civic or similar make car?

8,195

Depends on your definition of tuned and if you consider the tube chassed FWD drive cars equivalent to their street counterparts... As for street legal cars... Highest I've seen in person would be a Supra here in St. Louis that dyno'd at 983 hp. Couple of those kick over 1000hp though, I've just never actually seen one... As for the Civics and their sort... with a water-methanol injection plus a turbo and stronger internals I'd bet they can easily triple the stock hp, but I'm not into 'em enough to say for sure, that would just be my guess. So if you're talking the cars pushing just a little over 100hp I'd guess high 300's low 400's would be maximum the blocks could take. Someone will probably prove me wrong though, I'm mostly speculating... I've only seen modest tunes with turbo's that kick into the 200's.

135

depends on how much stuff your willin to change out ive seen tuners go 900-1000 plus

25

LoL...yea it deff comes down to how much money you have. Excesses of 1000whp...but for a civic...that might be rare.

165

YA RIGHT! Like anyone has the money or time for 900 - 1000 horses. 2JZ-GTE (supra engine), SR20DETT (Nissan's power house), or 4G63T (mitsubishi's pride and joy) are the ways to go. They all can take the beating of an upgraded turbo or any upgrades you want to slap on there. Find a car that doesn't weigh that much, throw one of these in there, and tear it up. Make sure it'll fit first. Of course.

275

i hope u don't really think the sr20's nissans powerhouse lol.....it maybe come in 3rd or 4th....1 RB26DETT(R34..) 2.RB25DET (R33) 3.VQ35DE(350Z/MAXIMA) ALL THESE HAVE SEEN THE 1,000HP MARK EASILY...since the SR20DET's found in 240's and silvias it sees mostly drift time and the most hp it will see is between 350 and 600. + hes looking for power in a civic none of these motors will swap + hondas are the cheapest cars in the tuner world to get to the 900-1,000 hp mark

70

well it all breaks down to how much money u got, and wat parts u use. there a pic of my old teg. 475hp at 27psi. on a 50trim tubro and b18c-r built.

245

There is no such thing as an SR20DETT, maybe you should get your engine codes straight before complaining about tuning engines to 900-1000 horses.

245

First off congrats on the nice engine ;) I once had a 2WD Impreza with 300 or so BHp (there was no dyno at the time) and let's just say it was scary if not undrivable. So I wonder what 475BHp feels like?Must be funny trying to start in 1st gear. And how is the turbo lag on that monster?

70

it was freakin crazy. it had a pretty decent amount of lag, it was pretty bad before it was tuned and before we changed the point vtec kicked in. I lowered it to kick in at around 3500 rpm to help the turbo spoool quicker. but once it woke up it was the sickest thing ever. it was to fast for a daily driver so i sold it to one of my bros friends. and now he's putting a bigger turbo on it. but know i got a 06 type s. which isnt as fast but it way more fun to drive. and im not scared of it so

185

one million bagillaion fazillion babaillion forgizillion hp

10

Personally, I'm an American Muscle guy, but I'd think that you could get around 600 from one of the little 4 bangers that you guys seem to like (If you want to spend crazy amounts of money). But that doesn't really compare to a big hemi motor, which makes 500 easy out of the box. For sheer amounts of power, you would really be best using a big V8.

185

They just want big numbers, a hairdryer stuck on it and one of those things that goes 'psssssh!' And could somebody define the term 'Tuner' to me? I'm a bit lost, it sounds like an American thing

25

Dude, take it easy, it was probably just a typo....it happens.

235

depends on bankroll and how far away the neerest track with a quarter mile is. street racing and red light wariors are just car killers and people killers tires and brakes and rims should be your first uprgrade suspension, air filter,cool air intake, exhaust ignition coils, plugs fuelpump, chips hd cluch, toss out the spare, racing seats window tints, paint i think car look way cooler when they are "sleeper" and they bloow the doors off a car the looks really really riced up dont fool around with turbos or nos unless you have the skills and spare parts and money. my stock 2006 civic has 1.8 l vtec and does 13.9 in the quater mile and looks PERFECTY stock. i dont have any mode that i cant reverse that will void my warenty witch is 7 years long stock motor has 140 with k an n filter/cone intake 158 aa grip preformance tires are a must with a mud and snow rating are a must in noth america put a nice ONE PIPE cat back exhust that is NOT A COFFE3 CAN SIZE TIP and that another 12 -18 hp that abput 170 to 180 hp ball park you can pick up a brand new 2008 civic coupe 2 dr for like 21 grand loaded dont go si model, premium gas all the time, much too technical engine, which will not last and has to to driven past 7000rpm to have any fun. good luck any more question email me csyager@cogeco.ca

3,115

Do you want NA power or Boosted power rating? depends on the honda block and what you are running for internals. if you port and polished,map it out bigger injectors etc. my friends got a integra he sent the block out to Golden Eagle and they bored over to a 2.0 so tech he has a b20c instead of a b18 anyway he is pushing 475 with a big turbo and front mount the list goes on. probably 300 to 400hp would be great for a everyday driver. His car can beat older cbr and gsxr bikes on the highway. There is nothing like hearing the tires light up slamming gears with the external blow off valve and having the crazy torque steer to get your adrenaline pumping. I think he has gone about 160 in it to if that helps you out as well.

1,045

Depends on what you mean by fully tuned. Four cylinders making almost 1000 HP such as in the NHRA Pro Street share very little with their stock counterparts. The engine block is the same and that's about it. So do you mean fully tuned with bolt-ons, or some actual engine machining being down to the car? Naturally aspirated, or forced induction? You can get all the power out if it that you want if you have the money. The body can be reinforced and you could drop a blown small black V8, if you have the tools, fabrication skills, and money to do it.

35

Stupid question.....A built engine can make 500 or more hp/litre with a turbo(of course boosting at over 25 PSI), so just think: 1500hp supras,700hp civics.......