97 Honda accord

Asked by Aug 01, 2016 at 10:03 AM about the Honda Accord

I have a 1997 honda accord it
leaks radiator fluid. if I use water
in that would that make the fans
not kick on when it's hot.need to
know if I need to change that
stuff first or the radiator. thanks

Hi, I had a 1995 Honda Accord EX wagon, great car, and in 19 years, one radiator failure....it's just a time factor, replace the radiator now and reinstall antifreeze... Water is not a good idea.. you could blow the heads, warp the engine and ruin your car....... don't do that.. If your car is in nice condition, it's worth fixing....

thanks I will it is

By the way, the Honda Accord cars of the 90s were the best... Honda Accord cars got screwed up starting in 2000, bad transmissions, they farmed them out to a third party, and it damaged Honda's reputation....they were really garbage until 2009..... That's a damn shame, I found out about this from someone who worked at Honda..I guess they got greedy... Your vintage 1997 is a great car, enjoy it.... The ONLY reason I sold my car was that it was TOO LOW to the ground and a little under powered to pull my teardrop trailer..

Best Answer

Here's a picture of my old car.

Sold car for $3,000 two and half years ago....it was in beautiful condition... people used to stop me everywhere and wanted to purchase it. Check out the values on NADA and you'll see that these are worth saving...

nice. u think there is other problems with my car because the fan will not kick on right now when it's hot.

Could just be a relay or maybe you need a new fan motor? By the way, once the Honda reaches 20 years, it's a classic, see the price difference on NADA for the 1997 and 1996 cars...and my 1995 car is also more than the 1997 value. Keep your car IF it is in nice condition... I would have it checked out.. What model do you have, EX, coupe , sedan, wagon????

I replaced the floor mats with Lloyd Mats , really nice product, I highly recommend them, here's a picture with the original mats and interior just before I did that. BUT, you can see that the dashboard , seats and carpeting were in EXCELLENT condition. Again, it's really important not to spend money on a car that is thrashed.... I was fortunate to have purchased my car brand new and was able to take care of it for the entire time.. see this picture.

Hope this helps, if so, please mark one of my answers, " best answer".... Good luck with your car.. if possible, post a picture of your car??

it is a SE not in good condition interior but the motor is good now need it for transportation so i need to get a radiator first already changed the fan checked the relay in the fuse box i think it maybe a senor fan swith. location is in the hose leading back to the motor but i also hear it could be some kind of switch in with the thermastat

Thanks for marking my answers. So, you have a good transportation car, that's OK, these are reliable, just keep it and run it as far as you can.. Again, I only sold mine because I needed a more powerful and larger profile vehicle.. good luck.