after replacing battery and main battery fuse, my stereo volume will not work

Asked by Mar 23, 2012 at 07:43 PM about the Honda Accord

sounds like more than one fuse blew. check radio fuse. If no volume, no power also ?

yeah, i know -- i could not figure out which fuse goes to the radio -- the stereo does turn on, just no volume...when i stopped by Honda they said it could be something internal and would have to charge 100. to check it out.

mind you this all started because a person jump started my battery "wrong" and the battery smoked a bit....etc. etc.

could be all kinds of problems......when you get into electrical stuff on any car it can be costly, especially on a Honda. I would sell it and get another car. sorry I cannot be of any more help than that.

what a terrible reply - lol My car only has 16,000 miles on it - no need to sell - i love my car

Replace the radio. sounds like it got fried when your friend jump started you. Neve ever do that again. I would never ask nor would I offer to do that. Buy as battery charger. Go to best buy. they even install

darn - if i had a guy that had one of those "computer code checkers" that the mechanics use , would that maybe tell me for sure what the issue is? thank you for your help.

does your radio need a code entered??

already put that in - it was just all black on the screen the clock and radio lights up and turns on but no sound.

what year is your car?

2008 honda accord

do you have the gps/navigation with it ?

also i don't know why fred is saying not to jump a car ever. if you call triple a or any similar service, they will try to jump it. every owners manual has directions on how to properly jump start a car. ive helped numerous people, and i have never had any issues/major problems. the only time it didn't work was when my little 4 cylinder engine tried jump starting a Ford F-150.

Qualified people ? yes, your neighbor or fiend who is not a mechanic? never

no gps/navigation system in it- i'm going to go to get a friend mechanic check the computer codes for me today.

you dont have to be qualified, nor do you have to be a mechanic, to jump start a just need to have common sense and know that positive goes to positive.

audi i hope this doesnt cost you much to fix!