Heating system

25

Asked by Kevin May 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM about the INFINITI G20

Only speed 4 works, its been this way for a while.  New development, there is no heat blowing.  This started after 1 of 2 things, The Tech pulled the Center dash to check for the speed dial or after I installed the new Stereo.  I am concerned that maybe this problem may be not be relaited at all.  Does this fuel injected engine have a thermas stat that can become stuck the way that a carberated engine does?

85

What year do you have? In my 93, speeds 1 and 2 heat the car a lot faster than 3 and 4. I think 3 and 4 use the engine heat while 1 and 2 use a heater. I could be wrong. If you haven't already, I'd check G20.net... they have people that know the G inside and out- not just for p10s but also for p11s.

35

mine does the same thing and i have a 93 only 4 works i havnt been able to figure it out either? But on the other hand if that thermostat was stuck it would be blowing cold air so im guessin its electrical

25

I have a 92 with 275,000KM on it. It blows the air from the engine bay. No heat. The local Nissan Dealer put in a disk and pulled up some information a sckimatics, then suggested 2 or 3 different things ranging from the dash unit was faulty to a couple of different issues relating to the engine and computer system. "Better just bring it in so we can have a good look at it"

115

three words. blower, motor, resistor. this is a small box that has a couple different resistors inside that control the fan speed. when this goes out, the fan either get's stuck on one speed, or one that one speed will work. if it was a engine thing (i saw you where thinking it might have been the thermostat) you would also have cooling problems as things like the thermostat would be stuck in one spot and you would see the temp gauge move up and down as you drive.