I have a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo with 2.2l engine. The car engine turns but won't start. I have replaced a fuel pump two days ago and car was running. Now the problem is back. What to do?

Asked by Nov 24, 2015 at 02:31 AM about the Isuzu Rodeo

The car won't start. It happened to me a few days ago and the fuel pump was replaced. The car worked for about two days, and now it won't start again. There is no fuel pressure in the port and it seems like the fuel pump has the same problem. The engine turns, but the fuel is not being pumped to the engine. Anybody out there with a similar problem and solution?

i would check your fuses and see if you have power to the pump at the tank.

The fuses and relays work correctly. There is no pressure in fuel injector port after I turn the ignition on and crank the engine. The fuel pump was replaced two days ago because of this problem. I wonder is I can get an electric diagram anywhere?

David Woltz

Check the fuel pressure at the schrader valve . No pressure disconnect fuel filter aim the line in a bucket turn key 10 seconds about 1 pint of fuel in bucket . If no fuel remove pump assembly and test pump in a bucket . I have had new pump run but the impeller not spin

Travis Meservy

Sometimes the flexible section of hose that connects the hard fuel line to the top of the tank gets kinked and won't let fuel through. I have had this happen to me when I installed a new fuel pump.

Thomas Jewett Jr.

did you figure out your problem?