water leaking inside car rt front and rt rear on floor board

Asked by Apr 07, 2010 at 02:05 PM about the Lincoln Town Car

found water on floor board rt front and rt rear after it rained

I know this problem.. It is a water leak on the right side of your cars windshield area that leads to your heater vent. I had the exact same thing. Once you have a mechanic or yourself seal the plastic rain guard (cowl) you will need to dry out the water soak carpet in your car. It is prob much worse then you know because the carpet is thick. I removed both front seats.. very easy and unplugged the electronic seats and then removed the middle console just as easy.. Pulled out the floor carpet and it was soaked underneath like a sponge... I am going to have the carpet cleaned before going back in. good luck..

sounds exactly like the problem I've been having - mechanic just discovered the bottom windshield seal was leaking allowing water to pour into the car under the dash on passenger side, soaking the carpet front and back - literally puddling on the back floorboard. Now that the seal has been replaced, water is still surfacing - unbelievabe amount of water. I've driven lincolns for the last 30 years and never have I had this problem. Seems to be common in th 2000 models.

I have the same prob with my 1995 lincoln mark viii. i don't know where to get this fixed....was told to go to a body shop. too expensive! Help!

remove the cowl vent (plastic piece between windshield and hood) and clean out all the pollen, leaves, dirt and debris. there are drain holes that will cause water to spill into the car if they get plugged

Thanks, I will take a look at it...lots of pine needles from the storms... Should I wipe it out/vaccum it/or use water once i open it? Thank you so much for the help!

If you have a shop vac it would be good, otherwise some gloves and a garden hose. you want to make sure you blast anything in the drain holes out.

I recently bought a 2006 lincon towncar . Had this same issue with lots of water in the front and back passenger floors i hope the it is the holes. Thanks for your help everyone!!

could also gasket on cowl is gone remove cowl scrape old gasket out replace with silicone put back together hardest part is drying the carpet good luck

One would think that Lincoln (Ford mtrs.) would know how to build cars by now. Both my 2000 & 2007 Town Cars had the exact problem. They should have a Recall to correct the problem Free of Charge.

1998 Town Car driver's floor has saturated carpet and no one seems to be able to locate the problem. Cowls have been removed and debris removed, floor plugs have been resealed and water still seeps into the floor area and is driving me insane. No problem with the passengers side which is totally dry. Water is located only in the area of the floor mat. Please help. Thank you.

I agree, the Ford Motor Company ought to know how to build cars by now. My 2007 Lincoln Town Car leaks on the passenger side as the floor mars are wet after a rain. This ought to be a recall since so many of the Lincoln's are experiencing the same proble, I just watched a video showing how to seal the cowl to prevent this from happening but one would think that Lincoln would have solved this problem long ago since I see that the model year 2000 had the very same problem as the 2007. Oh my ! It's no wonder Lexus is taking over this segment of the "Luxury" cars. Wake up Lincoln ! The Alarm clock went off over seven years ago !

Just got a 99 town car and i'm soaked on passenger side. Slould I drill a hole in the flooor We're expecing a deluge ! HELP !

I have no answer, just a remark. I have had several Lincoln Town Cars. But the 01,05,and 07 have all leaked on passenger side. Spoke to a service supervisor in a Lincoln dealership. He could only recommend I bring it in. Had no idea if it was a long time problem for Lincolns. Being smarter than him, I watched a video on CarGurus and saw it has been a problem for many years. Yes, Lincoln get on the ball.

I have a 2003 Town car just turned 70 tho miles. I have water on back floor.dry around all sides of floor .water coming in frame. Sealed outer seal did not fix it. Don't get it.????

My 2003 Town Car had this same problem recently. Yes, the drain hole was the cause. The body-shop man cleaned it out, then plugged the hole with a black, putty-like "mud", and I've had no trouble since. Definitely use a wet-dry vacuum on the carpets! Shampoo them, too, if you can. Also, the body-shop man sprayed some Lysol disinfectant in the cabin to inhibit mold and mildew. He advised me to keep the windows open as much as possible for several days, to let it all air out and dry out.

I have had this water leak problem fixed six times. Ford's flagship car is a nightmare of junk. Electrical, air conditioner, doors and locks , dashboard lights you can depend on Ford to not stand behind the junk they sell. I have had seven Ford's but never again.

"And Detroit wonders why we rather buy cars from Germany and Japan!" My Lincoln leaks like a Siv..

I own a 2003 Lincoln Town Car and have soaking wet rugs front and rear on passenger side. The plug and vents have been cleaned out and that didn't work. My car windows are always fogged up because of the moisture. Living in the Northeast, doesn't allow me to leave my car windows open, especially in the winter. I use the heat and defroster very sparingly because of mold and mildew In the carpet. As far as I'm concerned, Lincoln should fix this problem free of charge. This is a health hazard! Too many of these cars with the same problem!! The rugs never dry out.

I have 2007 puddles on back passenger floor, about to try sealing the cowl unplugging the drain did help some but still leaks when I run a hose on it (checked repair). ill report back after I seal cowl housing. Also strange the water transfers to the rear floor in what seems to be a channel between the floor sheet metal cause its very wet in the frount and puddles in the back but under the seat towards the fount it dosnt seem very damp ???

I have the same problem in my Lincoln Town Car 2006. Accumulation of Water Puddle in the rear of passenger side . The dealer asker $150.00 to check and advise . He thinks it is the heater core . "That would cost another $2500.00 " said the dealer . I personally don't think its the heater core . I did not see or smell of any anti freeze in the car . I think its extremely wet carpet due to some internal or external factor leak . Just cleaned the cowl area . The water drain was blocked. Will watch development .