i have just finished my 67 volvo p1800s fully restored its great im looking for better carburetors the rebuilt S U stink !! any help out there ?

35

Asked by May 28, 2014 at 11:39 PM about the Volvo Coupe

i just restored my 67 volvo p 1800s rebuilt engine B 18 B  BORED IT OUT .40 OVER
extended push rods double valve springs IPD  performance kit  runs ok  need better
CARBURETORS the rebuilt twin su hs6  carbs STINK or is it better to go with FUEL
INJECTION ? AND IF I DO WILL THAT GIVE ME MORE HORSE POWER ? AND WILL IT
RUN BETTER AND FASTER ?

23,225

I like these- beautiful- I started to buy one in the '90s- but when I looked under the hood- there was a Volvo engine- I was only surprised because I'm used to looking under the hoods of beautiful Fiats, and their lovely aluminum twin-cam towers- but you can get Webers for your car- and at least have a little Italian style and performance-

1,195

There is nothing wrong with SU carbs, I had an Austin Healy 3000 MK ll and it had the factory 3 carb setup. I had learned how to listen to the air flow and the engine sounds very well. I was a musician and had the ability to hear the right pitch. First things first, make sure that 30 weight regular oil is used in the needle throat, on the right side of each carb, with the air cleaners off. start the car, listen carefully to the engine as you increase the throttle lever, you will hear the air sucking in, place your hand close to the openings or use a cardboard strip, listen to the sound and the engine, as you put the cardboard closer, the tone should change, if there is any difference between the 2 carbs you must adjust the other accordingly, if it smokes, it's too rich on the fuel side so you put more air in, always on both carbs, count the amount of quarter turns, that you use to set each one after the sound the same. adjust the air intake until it runs smoothly.

3,325

Weber makes great kit 40 dcoex2 Also they have a 32x36dgv kit nice kit And man is it fast,31 primary 36 secondary very street able Score mostly racing. My father was the oldest volvo dealer in America I made two cars for the 'movies all the presidents men. 2x122svolvo I had to use handsoap to make them look old after I got done Painting them.they looked great.ive had many volvos.gota love them.

I have found better carburetors that fit the 67 Volvo b18 Motors Mikuni carburetor fit just fine 44 millimeters off of Harley Davidson works exceptionally well pulls in every gear going uphill even 0 - 60 and 6.3 seconds Mikuni carburetor all the way to go on the volvo P 1800