I have a 05 wangler that will not turn over geting power to every thing i can cross the starter over it will crank but will not start

10

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 08:57 AM about the Jeep Wrangler

no sputter. no sign of life? as if someone stole your rotor? ya. check spark then, eh?

Best Answer

Simply jumping the starter, don't expect it to run. All you are doing is just that, cranking it over.... but the ignition is not on unless the key is "ON" I am sure you know that Trevor. But please be very careful doing that, especially if you have a manual transmission, you will run over yourself...if it's automatic try neutral instead of Park see what happens

..already handin' out 'best answer' even tho spark has not been established. why where how? none of these items have been addressed.

10

it is a manual the key is on its not getting power to the starter for some reason I have my dad helping me

Yes. I think its a rite of passage for a mechanic to practically get run over. My 'christine' was a 72 ford ranchero, was idling fast and xmission mounts sent it into gear and into me, the wall stopped me. how 'bout you H25?

The battery is charged up. the terminals are clean, the ground wire is attached securely. the only stumbling block is the starter interlock? Clutch has to be depressed. there is a switch back there to make sure that it is. Should be in neutral, so you aren't dragging all the synchros along for the ride, and has to have gas in the tank. please do tell~

1,535

the first things to check will be for 1 spark and 2 fuel without one or the other the vehicle won't start. because as you said you have power and it does crank so that's where I'd start

Had to do with an incident when an MP drove a pickup in to the nose gear of an F16 one night, sideways... and dropped the nose of the aircraft on to the hood. I was dumb enough to be between that truck and a forklift we were using to pull it back, it released when I was not ready...

Where is Trevor? probably runnin over his dad by mistake~