Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's w/ Kevlar

5

Asked by Nov 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM about the Jeep Wrangler

Im Lookin to get new tires, mine are pretty worn and i want an agressive tread tire so i can go offroad. But i still want it to get good mileage on the road since it is my everyday tire. Does anyone know about the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's w/ Kevlar?

15

MTR's are a nice tire. I personally prefer alternate tires, though. If you plan to both wheel and cruise on the streets, my favorite tire for this is the Mickey Thompson MTZ. I've run many different tire brands and tread styles over the years. This has been my favorite overall tire. It's got great tread life, isn't too loud, and in the mud, snow, sand, gravel, dirt, etc., it performs great! Check 'em out here: http://www.quadratec.com/products/product_search.php?kw=mtz&sgsc=QWEBMRKTFACEBOOK

5

Hey Marc... I have the Unlimited Rubicon, which came with the Wrangler MT/R's.....I'm not happy with them. While they are a "nice" tire, and aggressive off-road. They are quite noisy on the road. I've even experienced quite a lot of front end shake after driving on them a while. A rotation fixed this, temporarily. I asked at the local tire place if there's a balance or alignment problem. What i was told was that the tire is "very aggressive" and the jeep is "light". This combination causes an uneven wear, and leads to "noisy" treads. I'm with Rick on the tires he spoke of. Back on my last TJ....i had a set of BFG T/A KO's on my ride...and i was very happy with them as well. I think it realy has to do with how much on/off roading you do. Good luck

5

I might go witht the new BFG KM2's I like those as well.

5

Your thinking of the older Wrangler MTR's I think and I do know that those are quite loud. But I was talking about the newer MTR's Goodyear has come out with, the ones with Kevlar. And your shaking problem is most likely due to the oversized tires, you need a steering stabilizer and if you have ever had death wobble you proabbly need a new steerting assembly because the stock jeep steering assembly is made quite weak not rated for oversized tires.