"jeep wave"

35

Asked by Aug 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM about the Jeep Wrangler

I live in upstate NY, and commute to the city for work. In my travels ive noticed something that kinda irks me. Up by me when passing a jeep in the opposite lane 9 out of 10 times a "jeep wave" is exchanged, However south of I 84 unless its another lifted jeep, I get no response to my gesture. Im not complaining, Im just trying to understand this jeep snobbery. Any theories would be interesting to hear. Thanks, out

They just realize you are crazy and won't wave back :-D

15

I live in Southern Missouri and it seems to me that the Jeepers that wave back are the guys and gals that really understand the "jeep thing." All the others are just people who just happen to own a jeep.

5

I live in southern Missouri too i was wondering if you have been to the jeep jamboree in seymore missouri, and if you have is it worth going to?

15

Sorry havent been out there. If you go let me know how it is

5

Ok will do

35

I truly understand you! if my husband drives my 07 Rubicon, guys wave at him and he usually does,even when he is driving his TJ sport,it's the women jeep owners that are snobs,and usually they just turned their jeeps into pavement posers,not even a single slight smudge on it!!!! I own an 07 Rubicon but I'm ok with its scratch marks,cracked window,dented side,and on going loose fenders....it only means one thing,I'm out there having FUN with it!!! don't mind those snobs they look very constipated anyways...Just have fun with your jeep!

75

Screw the snobs who don't wave back.

55

Here in Indiana I would say its pretty much 85-90% of the time I get a wave back. I have to agree with Hazel that its mostly the women(Not all mind you, just some) that seem to not want to be friendly. However in Minn, I would be careful who you talk to. Just because they have a Jeep doesn't mean they are friendly. I almost had a cop pull a gun on and flash his badge just because I wanted to ask him about his bestop....sad..... I have no idea what was his problem, but geez lighten up!!

35

Whoaaa! that's kindda scary! usually men jeep owners are very passionate about their ride,if you ask them something about their jeep they get excited right away.That's kindda odd!? I wish there is a jeep club here where i live,I guess d fun factor of off-roading is just way off d roof it just happens that my hubby has a friend who has a jeep( he owned it for ages) then we started jeepin almost every weekend but I feel sorry for the guy coz it's kindda too late for him to enjoy it his suspension is not in good shape for extreme off-roading now (sniff) But he is planning to get a newer jeep(yeeey) so you guys out there always have fun with your baby!

Here in PA most Jeeps follow suite but every now and again I get snubbed, usually by the female Jeepers. Maybe it's thier boyfriend or maybe they misunderstand and think it's an advance to get in thier pants. I'll wave to any Jeep and why not? It's a nic egesture and it helps burn some extra calories! What's the big deal???? Just wave!

1,415

http://www.jeepboard.com/jeepwave/index.html

35

a wave. big deal. its just people being friendly. you all have something in common, you have a jeep, your into a different thing. its alright. i have noticed that people with jeeps enjoy them, use them off road. they break, and they fix them. they fix them often. im not saying there built bad, but people over use them. they break.they [or someone else] fixes them. there pretty basic, my experiance fixing them is sometimis their like a british car, simethings are easy; some are not. seems that people are allways fixing them. they are rewarded cause they take them out and break them again. dont have to clean them. its a thing if you own a jeep, you use them off road, and break them. if not, your scorned, your not worthey. the waving thing is a nitch.thats all.it just means means that it breaks, you [or simeone else] fixes them. i dont own one, but ive woked on them alot. being 57 ive worked on alot of cars [im a gear head does that mean i should wave]. guys on bikes wave too. its just something in commen. their not super cars, not by a long shot. all it means it breaks, its fixed,it runs. you want to wave, wave, it doesnt mean you know something others dont. on the contrary. its not a comfy ride, its not supposed to be. in the long run its just a jeep. nothing special.has its good points and bad. when it breaks,it sucks. when its not life is good. i think its rediculous. just get on, you have nothing special.

45

ive owned my 95 wangler for 2 years and i wave at every wangler i see...hears why, i consider them all my friends..if i saw one in need of help ied stop n help and i like to think if i needed help they would stop to help me...the wave is just my way of letting them know ied be there for them if needed....a kinda " i see you " jeep thing...some people just dont understand :)

55

Obviously that Steve guy at the bottom here doesn't understand the "jeep thing". We don't own 92 cavaliers here, we wrangler and any other jeep owners have something special and worth while here. So Steve needs to take his 96 focus and find a diff forum!

Here in WV the Jeep wave is a very often done thing.

15

It`s a tradition to wave back at another Jeep owner, its as simple as that. I own a 2005 TJ Wrangler and where I live in Canada, it`s honored ;)

I live in Staten Island ny and now have my fourth wrangler. Almost everyone with a wrangler waves. I love it!!