Is the Jeep Grand Cherokee reliable?

Asked by Sep 13, 2015 at 08:16 AM about the Jeep Grand Cherokee

I love the Jeep Grand Cherokee style, but have great concerns over
mechanical reliability and body rust. Seems Jeep owners are dedicated to the
brand, but also seems their Jeeps always have problems, often major, and a
lot of rust on those Jeeps on the road. Am I wrong?

46,365

Jeep vehicles have more problems on average than other vehicles in their class. I personally would not own a Jeep other than a CJ-5, CJ-7 or a Rubicon, but these can be troublesome also.

46,365

http://www.truedelta.com/ Take a look at TrueDelta, that is a pretty good honest site that rates vehicle by their reliability.

101,545

Lots of problems, I would stay away...

Ditto. Chrysler products are inferior. As much as I like to say "Good American steel" Chrysler is a subsidiary of Fiat

25,615

According to Consumer Reports, the last few years of the Grand Cherokee have been rated Fair to Poor when it comes to overall reliability. They stated the the 2015 model is expected to be ranked at much worse than average or - 134% below average (that's negative 134%). Don't walk away, RUN from the Jeep Dealership!

Fiat has factories in Argentina, Poland and Mexico where vehicles are manufactured at plants owned and operated by Chrysler for export to the U.S.

46,365

Uhh Ohh, my Lincoln was built in Mexico.

But not by Chrysler Bob. Nothing derogatory about any of those places..

21,985

Oh my- if you think those problems started with FIAT, you are wrong- the Italians are trying desperately to right that ship- why they would bother, I have no idea-

No, not even started by Fiat. Iacocca (spelling idk) First nearly brought Ford to it's knees with the Pinto then proceeded to bring Chrysler right in to the ground.

The Italians are making an offer you can't refuse...

21,985

IDK why Americans would buy all those Grand Cherokees or whatever all those ugly SUV-like Jeeps are- they are horrible- just go back to the Wranglers or the CJ 5s or whatever those Jeeps are called now- they are the only Jeeps, really- Italian boys- do you GET IT??!!

25,615

Jeep has developed a cult-like following and people will continue to buy them despite the advice we give them (Guess it all started with their use by the soldiers in WWII).

30

I have had my 2015 Grand Cherokee for 16 months now with nary a problem. Two oil changes and that transmission program recall. That's it. It runs great, rides great. So far, way more reliable than the European brand SUV I had before the Jeep. I know this is a sample of one; but I bought mine based on the experience of a number of work colleagues who have owned their Grand Cherokees for several years.

I bought my Jeep Cherokee Sport used in 2004. It was built in 2001. I am finally retiring it this year. I have had very few problems with it. I love this vehicle and if I could afford to buy another I would.

71k miles on my WK2 2011 Grand Cherokee and not a single issue. Pretty good vehicle and still looks good. If anything I would have bought the 5.7 Hemi but even with the V6 it moves well for a vehicle of its size. Materials are holding up very well, no rust and no issues with the body. I am incline to say that its a better vehicle than most european SUVs and in par with Japanese SUVs which in my opinion do not offer the same level of luxury and toughness as the mine.