i have a 2000 breeze with 130,000 miles, 2.4L. Transmission stalls, then jumps into gear.

Asked by Jan 28, 2015 at 09:09 AM about the Plymouth Breeze

Just had "complete transaxle assembly rebuilt" 3 mos. ago.  Now it is doing it again.  returned to mechanic.  he says it is from my electrical timing which is off and needs to be looked at? Should I now go somewhere else to check my electrical system?

2,535

Is the Check Engine light on? I would buy one or go to a parts store and see if they will scan it for Free. If you got the code I could tell you what the possible causes are. Usually Timing is done by the Camshaft Position Sensor and Crankshaft Position Sensor.