Keyfob opening is intermittant

Asked by Nov 15, 2013 at 05:31 AM about the Pontiac Montana SV6

My second question is my Keyfob. I purchased my 2009 Montana van in April this year. Three months later I was having trouble with the keyfob unlocking the door. I had a service due by the dealer I bought it from and so asked to check the battery. Not the battery they said, but a loose wire they soldered. I later check the invoice and find they checked the lock button, not the unlock which I had stated was a problem. I do not live close to the dealer, over a two day drive. Now it hardly works at all to unlock. No problem with locking and can even lock from inside my house quite a distance away. The unlock doesn't always flash lights and standing right up to the door doesn't help. it is steadily getting worse. Any ideas?

Did they put a new battery in the fob? If not I would try that before I spent to much money hunting the issue. One of my fobs got to where it would do the doors on my car fine but would not always pop the trunk. Hunted the issue for weeks. Changed the battery and everything works fine now. Just something to think about.

Is it all doors or all that are effected? If it's one door, your door switch can be the issue. But if it's all doors, it very well might be the BCM or Body Control Module.

It seems to be all doors. I can see a slight flash of light at the park lights but it doesn't unlock. When I first bought the vehicle, and I locked it as I left, it would suddenly start the lights flashing and horn honking. I would have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on to stop it. I think its something to do with the alarming system. In the book it says there is a delayed locking? I don't have all the deluxe features. My slide doors are not automatic opening. Where do I find the BCM? This is very annoying and it seems the dealer doesn't care. How do I get it fixed? I still think its the unlock button on the fob, but always happy to check all out. Thanks, Sharon

I asked the dealer when I had the vehicle in for service and they had to fix front wheel bearing and hub replaced. I asked for battery replaced and they said battery was ok, that there was a loose wire that they soldered. I asked for unlock to be checked, they checked the lock and said it was ok. I didn't notice their mistake until too late.

Pontiac Montana SV6: i have a 2009 Montana the turn on signal but the sound does not go through the speaker but the speaker does work do you have what is wrong my email is