My Tire Pressure Monitor System Light is on steady

Asked by Nov 15, 2013 at 05:21 AM about the Pontiac Montana SV6

Two days ago I had four new tires studded with new rims put on my 2009 Pontiac Montana. I went about 30 kilometers down the highway and my TPMS message to Service the TPMS and the tire pressure light started flashing. I am unable to read any tire pressures at all. The light comes on and message each start. I can hit the button for the status and it will go out and revert to the mileage. The telltale light stays on. I am informed that unless I use the original rims, the TPMS will not work. Is this so? I bought Goodyear Nordic Winter 225/60R17 99S. Steel wheels X41761 MP x2 and X45512 RT x2. How do I get the TP to work on my screen. It shows no pressure for all four tires.

400

Read your manual maybe you can reset it. The guy that put them on might have broken it.

I have read my manual from cover to cover. I found I do have a delayed lock feature so know how to fix that now. I checked tire pressure on the information button and now it is showing 217 on three tires but not the RR. The reading should be 240 kpa or 35 lbs PSI. Taking it today to get tires checked for air. I did notice before it would read a bit different once in awhile so just ignored it. I do check the tire pressure on a regular basis. It may have been a defect when it was sold and just showing up since tires were changed or like you say, they could have broken it. All work is guaranteed so will be going back to get it fixed. I just like to know what my options are and have some knowledge before having those guys treat me like a blonde. I also have a Ford F250 4x4 7.3 diesel and had it since new. I get into debates with mechanics on it. I know my truck. Thanks for your reply. Sharon