fuel filterwas plugged caused casr to not run and stahl out n not start for a period change filter and it cranks over and runs but push on accelerator and it dies

15

Asked by Feb 17, 2015 at 11:43 PM about the Pontiac Grand Prix

I have a Pontiac grand pre  3.8 2002model it started dying out after running for 15 min then I was unable to restart for awhile it would not crank over acted like it was starved for gas replaced the fuel pump still no change along with all the map sensors and etc.. no change then the crank shaft was changed out no change
it still died after it warmed up and wouldt start or crank over then  finally we checked fuel filter after back washing that for the moment to test if that was the cause and finding it totally plugged it was back flushed and put back on and car ran for a long time  however it stalled out when I went to go shift it to drive it  BUT IT STARTED AGAIN right away but wouldt idle  unless gave it gas which it didt do prior to check fuel filter so we replaced the filter thinking the problem solved but unpleasantly surprised it continues to start but dies when u would push on the gas to move it HELP PLEASE 6 months of process of elimination and a lot of money later and now one problem seems to be improved but not enough to even move the car with id also like to add no lights or codes are presently on and we've reset the computer by clicking on n of mw/o starting 10x and turning ignition to on position for 10 min along with that it also will not shift unless you push in the emergency release prior to all problems alarm was tripped wen accidentally armed the security fro inside the car then I unknowingly started the car which tripped the alarm but even though I had to push emergency release to shift it ran for a short time ok after that so I don't think it to be a security issue help me please

200

fuel pump is week or something got in your tank try another filter then pump

69,555

If your fuel filter was that clogged up I'd suggest dropping the gas tank, cleaning it, replace the fuel pump, fuel filter (again) and blow out the gas lines with compressed air. Sounds like a lot of work but unless you have a lot of dirt in the tank the fuel filter would not get totally stopped up. HTH. -Jim