third generation firebird

30

Asked by Apr 01, 2012 at 01:42 PM about the Pontiac Firebird

HELLO.  MY FATHER HAS A FRIEND WHO IS SELLING A THIRD GENERATION FIREBIRD.  I THINK THAT I MIGHT ASK MY FATHER TO CHECK IT OUT, SINCE IT NEEDS SOME REPAIRS.  EVERYTHING DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DONE AT ONE TIME EITHER.  ANYHOW, IT'S RED AND THAT'S ONE COLOR THAT I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T STAND.  HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST TO HAVE THE VEHICLE REPAINTED?  IT HAS T-TOPS.  I'M NOT SURE IF HAVING TO WORK AROUND THE TOPS WOULD AFFECT THE PRICE OR WHAT.  I'M A CHICK AND I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THESE THINGS.  LOL

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE ON THIS?  THANKS A LOT!

3,175

What year is it ? V8 ? You could get a cheap paint job for less than a thousand bucks or something decent for about $5000.00 , depends how deep your pockets are .but Keeping the original color makes the car more valuable .T-tops are cool. check the t-tops for leaks , park the car in the sun ,with the windows closed(it takes a few seconds so dont worry) get inside & if you see light coming through the seals ,it needs new seals. if light comes through so will water. good luck !

30

i believe it's a 1987......the color is red, but i want to go with a dark green and see if the phoenix can be put on the hood of the finished product.....if that is going to be just as expensive as the paint job, then it could wait.......however, i would like to eventually have the bird put on it, since that's the trade mark the phoenix-firebird ......someone at work was just telling me today that they think that it might be more expensive to have the paint job done in a different color, since it's going to take more work to make sure that no red is left anywhere on the vehicle also (door jams, headlight area etc.)............... the motor was rebuilt a while back and the car has 25,000 miles on it......don't know who did it or how well they rebuilt the motor, but my father knows all about those things and what to look for to see if it'll be fine.......... thanks for all your input.....

That sounds a lil weird to have an engine rebuilt with only 25000 miles on it. i guess as long as it runs good . dont worry too much about a paint job sometimes a good detailing will make the car look real nice. that car should have plenty of life left to it . good luck again.

30

ok......... sounds good.... i couldn't let a firebird go with a paint job and no bird on the hood...you know, the trademark...haha thank you for your input

305

91 needs less work lol :) up for grabbs