interior

75

Asked by Jan 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM about the Pontiac Firebird

ok i just bought this 3rd gen firebird and i wanna restore it back up and i was wondering what is cheaper and easier to do buy after market seats and interior, find another car for parts or ya any suggestions?

4,325

Many factors in this decision. 3rd Gens now have many interior parts available from on-line suppliers some are over priced and some are reasonable. If you are planning to do the work yourself, buying carpet, door panels, hardware, dashcovers, seatbelts, etc. is the way to go. Nothing majic that you need anything but time and a few tools to install. Seatcovers and headliner are a little different. These are both available in an "assembled" style where you just pull the old out and put the new in - no sewing - or you can cut and sew from sections of fabric. If your seat frames are good, they can be brought back to life easily with new foam cushions and new covers you can pull on over the foam. Then just attach them to the frames with hogrings. Anything you can do yourself will save money for you. If your whole interior needs to be brought back to life, buy the parts you can't refurbish yourself and do your own labor. it will likely save more than you think and you can take pride in the finished product. For parts, try these sites: hawksthirdgenparts.com classicindustries.com moderndaymuscle.com Also, a great reference for "how to" advice and links to other suppliers is thirdgen.org Good luck!

75

hahahha thanks man and yea i can do interior fab and the last owner did the foam and polyurathane to remodel the back i yet have to finish that and im going to repaint it my self i got a diff motor from my old camaro but yeah thanks for the sites that will help a lot