should they somehow remake the bonneville but this time with a v8 engine thats supercharged?

5

Asked by Sep 28, 2009 at 11:12 AM about the Pontiac Bonneville

35

GM only makes on supercharged engine - the LS9 found in the Zr1 Corvette. From a financial standpoint, it is very unlikely that they would ever remake a car like the boneville especially since Pontiac was axed. Should they remake a car LIKE the bonneville, they would have to design an entirely different car than what they already have. GM's lineup is already a fairly solid lineup with eveyrthing from performance to luxury cars. Chances are, they will never make a car like what you are asking for. Should they though? Hell yea. I think its bullshit they axed pontiac over buick. And hell yea they should put a supercharged 6.1 litre in it. Make it run with the Caddilac CTS-V

175

I would love it if they brought back the Bonneville and Pontiac for that matter. I agree with the decision to axe a few brands, I'm just sad it had to be Pontiac. However, if they did bring it back now, I'm afraid that it would just be a rebadged version of a Buick Lacrosse (which, the new one looks nice) or a Chevy Impala. Rebadging is the way that GM got into trouble in the first place. I really like the new SUVs, don't get me wrong, but why do we need a Saturn Outlook, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave, and a Chevy Traverse. I understand the different levels of refinement, but who wants a GMC Acadia (spending more money for luxury) when it looks like a Saturn Outlook inside and out?

15

they do its called the gxp...it has the caddy northstar motor in it

100

Actually, the 09 STS-V is still on the market with a supercharged Northstar motor, although I don't believe it will be back for 2010.