1993 oldsmobile regency elite 98

25

Asked by Jan 29, 2008 at 11:54 AM about the Oldsmobile Regency

The car uses alot lot of gas and it turn off while driving. when I come to a stop sign it might turn off, if I don't put my foot on the brake and gas or put it in netruel.

7,125

take your car to a garage and have them dis-connect the "lock-up" I own a Olds 98 and I have owned 2 others. my other two had this issue. The lock up was the cause. You are also more than likely due for a tune up. I really enjoy my olds and I notice in the city it is a bit harsh on fuel but on the highway I get great milage (33MPG). Hope this helps, best of luck.

44,585

Agreed. You could also have them replace the Torque Convertor Lockup Solenoid (or TCC solenoid) which is what Casper is talking about, as it only costs around $40 for the part and about 2 hours labor, and will increase your fuel mileage.