starting

Asked by Apr 12, 2014 at 12:04 PM about the Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

car would not do anything when the key was turned.  I pulled and checked the battery, the
battery was bad replaced the battery now car will still not start, all lights and alarms come
on but car will not turn or make a noise.  would replacing the alternator be the first step or
is this a computer problem?

1,905

How long ago did the car last run?

101,375

Double check all battery connections. Also as asked above. How long has it been since the car has been running? A couple of days, months or years? There are different things to check first with how long it has set. I doubt its the alternator or the computer. Probably a connection issue, starter issue or neutral safety switch issue.