Braking System is giving a dragging sound. What could be wrong?

Asked by Apr 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM about the Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale

On pressing the brake I hear a dragging sound. What could be the problem?

975

Depends on where the sound is coming from. If its coming from the front. Your pads are shot and its rubbing metal. To metal. Change your pads. And my have to change the rotor tobecause of the metal to metal. It will grind up the rotor.. take a good look at the pads. If one side is way more warn than the other your calliper my be siezed. And will have to be replaced. ..... If its coming from the rear. The same will apply. Except for your dealing with break shoes instead of pads. And instead of callipers. You have wheel cylinders. Let me know if this helps