Olds Cutlass Calais 2.5 litre engine will not start.

Asked by Mar 04, 2016 at 02:01 PM about the Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais

I would run if you poured gas in the injector body. I disconnected the fuel lines at the injector housing. No fuel. I changed the fuel pump now getting fuel to injector box. Still will not run. Changed the pressure regulator it was full of stuff. Injector not spraying any fuel. Finally changed injector now it is spraying too much fuel into the body and runnning on top of pistons. Any ideas welcome. thanks steve

Finally tapped out called a mechanic. The fuel filter that auto zone sold me was the wrong size. This was causing the pressure to overwhelm the pressure regulator and just blow fuel into the injector body. Even then it wouldn't start. He and I discussed and he replaced the O ring on the bottom of the injector and replaced one on the injector body and she fired right up. Ran like a dream.

I meant fuel pump. But now the car is in the shop again. It will run for about 30-40 miles then it just quits. You can let it set for a few minutes then it fires right back off and runs fine until it heats back up. I will post the results when I find them out. thanksteve