What is the difference between a 2006 mini and a 2011 mini with the same milage?

Asked by Oct 27, 2012 at 06:17 AM about the MINI Cooper

I am shopping for a commuter car but am having a mid life crisis and want a convertable.  I have been looking at the vw bug convertable and the mini cooper convertable.  What is the beter choice, what year, and why?

3,295

The Mini Cooper is a FARRRRR superior vehicle. My wife had owned four VW's, including the first Tiguan here in Central Florida. After much persuasion, she drove the Countryman S and fell head over heals in love. The vehicle have a better build quality, not to mention fuel economy and resale value. Make sure you get a manual. The clutch is hydraulic and sourced from BMW. If you are used to the horrible VW clutches, you are in for a real surprise. Best of all, Mini's are way better looking.

Best Answer
4,635

I will agree with Michael on this the Mini is far better than the VW bug. The mini will have so many more features than the VW you may not be able to see the features but they are working in the back round making it a safer and more fun to drive vehicle. The R57 is the current body style for the convertiables. One of the cool features of this model is the top can be opened only slightly called sunroof mode instead of only being able to go up or down. But since your at the dealer why not look at a BMW convertiable to. (my personal favorite)

bwah, what kind of question is that? Have you driven a MINI?