is the inhibitor switch has got something to do when it did not accelerate after a traffic stop while it is on drive shift and another instance while on a freeway doing a 70mph it suddenly looses

Asked by Jan 19, 2014 at 12:48 PM about the Mitsubishi Montero Sport

6,465

no,,, the inhibitor switch just prevents the car from being started in gear is all that it does

6,465

sounds more to me that your transmission is going out on you,, you need to take it to a reputable transmission shop and see what they say but im pretty sure that is whats going on,,, also you need to check the transmission fluid and make sure that its full, but if its not theres a problem as you should never lose transmission fluid other wise

90

I have a 2011 Montero GLS and experienced the same issue. Though I only experienced this issue from a full stop to about 20KPH. Have it checked with Diamond Motors 2 days ago and they immediately told me it's the Inhibitor Switch. Have it replaced for Php 5K parts and 2K labor. So far ok.

90

This issue is actually quite dangerous since it first happened to me when I am about to overtake a bus uphill. This should be covered by a recall with the replacement at Mitsubishi's expense.

6,465

even if its true that its the inhibitor switch and im not doubting it is ,, but if it is then I would still be suspect of that catalytic convertor, because as stated before that running rich will burn the catalytic converter up and you said its been running like this for years now

6,465

considering the cost of the parts and labor I would change the cat first as like I said im sure its bad by now anyways and it might be the only thing and not the switch but you should probably have the cat changed anyway

Same problem with my 2013 montero sport . When this same problem of losing power the light also at radio knob is blinking too. Citimotors Alabang is telling me to change the inhibitor switch . Therefore this is premature breakdown as my km is only 45k

happened to me...montero 2012 GTV automatic...more of a Sudden Unintended Desccelleration (SUD)...while accelerating or braking...you suddenly find...that you cannot power on despite the fact that your foot is on the fuel pedal and the shift is on Drive,,,the indicator is a blank...but when you shift back to neutral then to D sometimes couple of times..you shift is normal again but often times you have to do it quite a number of times...also when you use the lower gear drive...on an incline...and rolling down 1 shifts to 2 without you touching anything. Can be quite disconcerting and alarming. Just have to keep your senses about and cool. Had the Inhibitor switch changed at UMC-Paz Guazon (Otis)Branch....spent around 6.5k just this week ...everything is back to normal. 056Apr 2018

if SUD can occur due to the inhibitor switch...then SUA due to the cruise control misfunction is a possibllity ...