is it worth getting a lancer 2010 2l diesel re mapped if so what are the advantages and recommended specialist and costs incurred thanx people

155

Asked by Apr 11, 2013 at 12:59 PM about the Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback

"Is it worth it"? That my friend is a strictly personal decision. If you like to have the navigation and use it, then sure. But a set of discs is about $130 and will be outdated before you get then home, but will be very close. Real time updates are even more expensive. it's all about how badly you want it. I have a Verizon phone that real time updates are included in the plan I pay, maybe you can get something like that. You ask about advantages...when they build a new road or shopping center and you need to find it, an update is a real advantage.

99,085

I think he means to remap the ECU for the diesel engine. I don't know if it's worth it but I know David is off on a navigation system tangent.

Ok. "remapped' led me to that. I stand corrected. "remapped' in the diesel is indeed apples and oranges

155

what sort of performance enhancement would you get ie horse power and would it get me more mpg? cheers for replies lads :)

richard you are not being ignored..we have several things going on at the same time. But 1) tenspeed knows more about this than I do, but 2) I will see what I can come up with..

Best Answer
155

cheers david any advise is good

75

that's a tough decision, but what do you have now that brings up the question to go for something like this? My only thought is that diesel emissions could be a long term question, I've heard stories that the emissions are tough to fix if youre thinking of having a car like this long term such as 10 years plus. But diesel is highly unrecommended for cold weather, not sure where you're located. so i'm not saying its a bad idea but what makes you want to jump to a diesel Lancer?

155

hi there I live in the uk the cold isn't a problem here just wanted to know what sort of performance I would get having it remaped mpg one reason for getting a diesel is the fuel economy as fuel here is taxed heavily our gallon is a little bigger than the us in the uk a gallon is £6.18 in dollars its $9.26 so hence the diesel on a run 48mpg urban 37mpg so all I want to know is is it worth getting ecu remapped for more performance whilst still getting good mpg cheers for your contact grimlock