Mitsubishi Evo Question

3,035

Asked by Jul 19, 2008 at 10:01 AM about the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Hey does anyone on here have a Mitsubishi lancer evolution? I was wondering how it ran as a daily driver and if you have had any problems with it so far? and also what model you own thanks

35

I recently had a 2006 mitsubishi lancer evolution 8 MR. I must say i found no problem with the car at all for the two years I drove it. I ended up selling it five months ago to downgrade to a lancer gts, but i absolutely loved that car. Perfect handling, no engine trouble whatsoever. I deffinately recommend that car to anyone. Also the new lancer evolution x's are wonderful cars as well. I test drove one before i bought the GTS and it also has great handling and really has some power behind it. Deffinately a great buy for anyone who is a fan of evos. Good luck and i hope this helped.

385

I've not owned one, but from what i've read and seen, there great cars. Only thing is if you get one with a big turbo, you have to have it serviced quite often. Other than that, if you're getting one used, watch out because its a fast car and people could have thrashed the engine, or even wrecked it and repaired it on a budget, so be careful for that. Hope this helps.

3,035

thanks guys it has help i hope more people reply though

5

i have a 2003 Evo 8... got a couple problems with it... clear coat on like EVerything sux.. my trannys going and warranty is still there but mitsubishi wont use it because i have an aftermarket clutch.. they blame the clutch for the problem.. anything to void the warranty

125

I just bought a Phantom Black Evo X GSR with the SSS package. Its a great car. Real solid and handles like nothing else. AWD and 4 doors makes it very useful all 4 seasons. Just watch out for the tiny trunk especially with the big sub in the SSS package. If you want to splurge get the MR. The ride is supposed to be softer and the dual clutch makes daily driving more comfortable. The GSR isnt a bad daily driver. The suspension is a lil stiffer but better then previous Evos. The 5spd is a lil loud during highway driving but alll is tolerable and I love it. Great fun practical car.

75

i've test driven the evo 8 and 10 gsr and own an evo 9 mr...so it's safe to say that they're all very driveable. obviously, you give up a little of comfort driving an evo as a daily driver because of the suspension, but it's still a very smooth ride. the evo 10 feels very at place just cruising around. however, the evo 10 feels way bigger and you can feel the added weight quite easily. the evo 8 and 9 are a little more harsh but they're lightning quick. all of them have relatively small trunks, especially for a four door car, and you can't flip the rear seats down. having driven both five and six speed tranny's, the six speed is a much smoother transmission. the feel of the shifter is really clunky in the five speed transmissions, even after they revised it for the evo 10. if you're gonna use the car as a daily driver, the six speed evo's (the mr's) would be much better. i haven't driven the evo 10 mr yet, but i'm sure it'll be even smoother than the 10 gsr. if you need the ultimate comfort, get the evo 10. but if you can give up a little comfort you can save lots of cash. a good condition evo 9 will round you at like $25k, give or take, while an evo 10 mr's msrp is close to $44k

3,035

personally i think the evo IX mr is the best out of all of those models i really want to find one that isnt modded out and beat down you know? i almost got one from NH it was white evo VIII with 60k for 18000 but didnt have the cash flow at the time.

125

Check out South Coast Mitsubishi. They are the largest dealer in the US and specialize in Evos. They should have plenty of IXs for your choosing.

75

that's what i was running through. all you have to do is keep looking...they come up sooner or later. i was in the same situation, it took me a long time till i could actually find mine for a good deal. there aren't many evo's in the austin texas area, so i actually shipped one in from chicago. i got it stock except for a rear suspension brace and some badging modifications, and it's a great car. weirdly, i also was looking at a white evo viii with 60k miles at about the same price, but it was beat up and modded out so i decided against it.

35

have a look on http://www.lancerregister.com for lots of info :)

Hey Fred feel free to ask me anything you'd like... i own a 2006 wicked white IX with the ssl package

i own a 2006 EVO9.. love the car. great daily driver as long as u dont push the boost too much.. great handling. i must say the only problem with the car (for daily drive only) is that the ride is really bumpy when your only a regular street road. you will feel every bump when driving. but i must say when ur driving a EVO, u have no problems accepting a challenge from another car.. hehe horray for TURBO! =)

385

FQ-400 had a bigger turbo stupid. Shut up if you don't know what the heck your talking about.

15

Yeah but you dont get an FQ 400 as a daily drive...Duhhh.....

15

Best place to get lots of info on model types and comparason and buyers guide and evo running cost calculator great site and loads of tech advice and friendly members...

385

There are a lot of cars you don't get as a daily driver, but people have them. Its called compromise.