Few question about Mitsubishi lancer 2009 DE 2.0l

Asked by Nov 08, 2014 at 11:04 PM about the Mitsubishi Lancer

Hi All I have few question about my 2009 mitsubishi lancer de 2.0l.
I bought the car second and there was only one key 4 button. I read that the car needs a chip start, is this true? Because my car doesn't have remote start.
I have bought a key with ignition chip in it, and needs to to be programmed, but does it really need it, because from what I can tell from the other key it has a button for locking and unlocking doors, open trunk and panic button.
When I open it, i saw the remote and doesn't seem to have anything special on it.

2) I noticed that my engine doesn't have oil in after a month, the engine isn't leaking, but I noticed that sometime smoke comes out of the exhaust pipe from time to time.
It is like the oil dries up.
Could this be caused by the intake valves seals?

3) When I drive my car, it drives normally, but sometimes all of the sudden it seem to have an acceleration issue, when I stop at a red light and need to accelerate when green.
It does it from time to time, lets say one a week.
When it struggles to accelerate, I do hear something like a chain noise or cranking noise.

Does anybody have an idea on this?

Thank you in advance

#1, Vernon,i think the key you have will open door,s and unlock car,but i dont, think it will crank it,unless it is already programmed<#2,yes if it is smoking then it is burning oil,could be bad ring,s or valve seal,s.3#I think when the car doe,s this,is when you stop and go again,and not often ,lead,s me to think,a little oil dropped,in piston at that moment when you loose power,that my thought,s.

Hi T_S_T, Thanks for the quick response. I want to do a quick flow up in order. 1) Can I try and test with new key, if the car will start with it or will it damage my car? 2) So it might me either the valve or pistons, maybe I should just replace both, that way I know I won't have any issue with engine oil burning up. 3) Does the oil drop also have something to do with the oil burning up? Because when I accelerate I hear a weird sound of something metallic as the car tries to accelarate. Krs, Vernon

I would not try key may set off your anti theft system,without being programmed,and yes ,it will be one or could be both ring,and or valve seals,bad ,hard to say untill inspected,one or two,problems,but would be best to do both.The noise you hear i think may be the oil,hitting piston,giving while it is hot,and throwing oil in the catalic converter,giving you the metalic sound.

Thanks T_S_T, your answers helped me alot. In your experience, apart of replacing the piston rings, do I also need to replace the pistons rings bearing and also do I need to replace crank shaft bearing? 2) The piston head doesn't need to be replaced correct? 3) What seals should I also buy? $)Do you know what size the piston ring for my car needs to be: Standard .020 in (.50 mm) or Over sized 040 in (1.00 mm) 5) DO you know where I can order piston rings at a good price? Krs, Vernon