would it be worth it to soup up an automatic 05 lancer es had it a few years jus got stable with bills and all wanting to dress it up body and engine jus wanna get opinions?!

10

Asked by Jan 20, 2012 at 11:46 PM about the Mitsubishi Lancer

1,575

yes i think its good with the Evolution 9 kit, wheels and a drop in suspension... but for the mods, get bolt ons like a ram air, a nice resonating exhaust system but dont settle for turbo, like my at civic because the boost will not be compatible with the stock transmission...unless you have it customized or something... i added a gear to mine but i dont have a boosted engine...

1,575

before everything else, start with the suspension because a car cant handle any increase in hp if it does not handle great... then the engine bolt ons are next...interior and exterior is always last...

10

How big of a drop in suspension do u think and I wanted to go with a turbo but didn't know how I would customize it so I could add one I'm actually really new at this whole thing so I need all the help I can get

10

And mine isn't an evo either though its jus the standard lancer

1,575

you cant put a turbo on an automatic transmission, it will just misfire everytime you change gears... well, there are body kits that are compatible with a standard lancer to make it look like an evo... there are a few defects like gaps and different sizes of bolts... thereare a lot of sites online with enough info about body kits...just google it...

1,575

oh and the suspension drop? im not really sure, it's up to you because it depends on your tire size because it might hit the fenders if you drop it lower than needed..

1,575

check this site out: http://www.andysautosport.com/tuning/mitsubishi_lancer.html... hope this helps bro... i was once in your shoes, took m a while to understand a lot of things when it comes to tuning cars... :-)

10

Alright preciate all the help bro.. but is there anything I can do to make it anymore faster?!..

10

And another question if I wanted to change it over to a manual do u know how much that would cost or where I could findout I know it would run a lot jus want to know how much exactly

1,575

well i dont know how much it would cost you... but i think changing the transmission also needs a lot of stuff to do with conversion like configuring or even changing the ecu because the chip for an automatic transmission is different from manual transmission. also, if it would fit in the hood.

10

Alright preciate all ur help bro

75

sell that thing and get a 2003 ralliart manual with a few more miles. way more worth the money to modify and will be way more fun. es is ugly anyway without the fog lights and the cheap look to it

75

the car isnt worth adding anything under the hood unless its standard. and that can get pricy. the best you can do is make it sound nice and look pretty, OZ rims and a borla exhaust with clean body kit, nothing over the top. but if your looking to make your car haul, then change the tranny and start with the engine and finish with the looks.

1,575

but it's going to cost him more if he tries to convert to MT... getting the exact same car with MT will be cheaper, and then slap in some basic mods and bolt ons...