How reliable of a car is the 3 cylindar Subaru Justy? One i am looking at has a faulty catalytic converter

Asked by Jan 30, 2014 at 04:19 AM about the Subaru Justy

6,075

Well th faulty cat shouldn't really affect anything. They aren't a bad little car, I've seen plenty with anywhere from 200K-400K miles on them. Mostly it depends on how well the past owners took care of it, and how well you plan to take care of it.

Thanks, the car i have now has 300,000 miles and i, yes me a girl, do all of the maintenance and the only reason i am looking at the justy is because i am just about to enter that problem where what i am able to do is what i can do but what needs to be done body wiseis way out of my pay grade. Ie...struts rear and front, cv boots, clean up the top end to the lifters stop ticking...you know the hard stuff. Ok thanks

10

I owned three of these little cars and they were all 5 speed. I had an 1988 2wd, 1989 4wd, and a 1990 2wd. They all ran great, but I had trouble with the front spindles. Each of the three had it's own size. They make the inner insert, that connects to the axle end, out of brass. They work fine until the wheel bearing starts to go bad. Then they get hot and the brass just falls apart. It's almost $400 just for the spindle replacement. I have also extended the life of the brass spindles that were starting to go bad by replacing the bad wheel bearings, and connecting the axle and spindle with JB weld. It still breaks down, but I've gotten an extra 30k miles out of it.