why doesnt my thunderbuzzard keep running

30

Asked by Jul 26, 2015 at 05:58 PM about the Ford Thunderbird

Heres the deal.  A few months ago I was driving my car and when I came to a stop it died. Started back up and went to a friends house. While driving home (17 miles) it dies again only a few miles from home. it started and pulled into a gas station thinking maybe it was low on fuel and the guage was off. after getting gas it started and I drove home. The next time I went to drive it, it started then died after 30 seconds. Tried to restart and it almost started but died immediately. After 10 mins it started , then died after 30 secs. tried again and it almost started but died. So after letting it sit for a few it will start but die after 30 secs. OK I replaced the fuel pump. nope. I replaced the filter. nope. I replaced the crank shaft sensor. nope, but we reset the computer and it started and stayed running. shut it off and started it and it stayed running. Drove to the gas station and shut it off. got gas and drove it back home without any problems. a few hours later I started it and it died after 30 secs. I replaced the ignition switch. nope. I replaced the mass airflow sensor. nope. I had the ignition module checked at auto Zone . it was fine . the inertia switch seems ok it hasn't been tripped. I know the fuel pump is working  and I guess the old one was too.  I am so ticked off and frustrated.  is there anybody who has heard of this problem?  I need my car

18,830

Check the ignition control module

30

I said I took it and had it tested at auto zone

18,830

That is the thing about the ignition control module it is going to work when its working but when it stops working is when you need to test it.

445

A 55 bird does not have a ignition module? If year is correct & eng is original it's the resistor that connects ign to coil.

30

95 not 55

30

I checked the fuel pump relay and it LOOKS o.k. anyway

30

could it be the main computer in the car? The closest shop is walking distance but here in Los Angeles the tow company's are expensive. Just to tow it a block away they want 75.00 . Then the mechanic says it's 96.00 per hour minimum 2 hours to diagnose it. not to fix it, just diagnose it then another 75.00 to tow it back. well 350.00 just to tell me it's blah blah is more than I can afford to spend and still not have it fixed.

Sound like same problem with my 93 tbird 5.0 .....Did you ever find the problem?