My fan motor not clicking on.

Asked by Jun 11, 2010 at 03:06 PM about the Ford Tempo

I have had an ongoing problem with my fan motor not clicking on which is causing my car to heat up. I have recently changed the fan motor itself, the thermostat, the cooling fan temperature switch, the ECT sensor, the cooling fan controller, the cooling fan motor relay and the radiator cap. Before changing all these parts my car would turn off at a stop or on slowing down and at times just as I was driving and car would start up again until 15-20 min. later. Since I changed all these parts now car still turns off but now only takes 2-3 min. to turn back on and fan motor clicks on right away as soon as I turn on car.

95

electrical problem? hows your coolant? you may have a blockage ? did u flush it?

if you have changed all that does your car still overheat,if so you could have a blown head gasket,if not overheating chang your crank scensor.

95

if he had a blown head gasket he would run low on coolant

not if it is blown on the exhaust side,it would build up pressure in the colling system,i still recomend changing the crank scensor.

20

Hi my name is Leti, I have a 1989 ford tempo and i seem to be having problems with my fan turning on as well. This problem just started I was hoping you can help me locate the cooling fan motor relay. My friend said that could be the problem

follow the main wires from fan down,you will see the relay.

260

If all else fails .. wire your fan to come on when you turn the key switch on ,, at least you car wont get hot and blow a head ,or gasket ...