Ford discontinuing Ranger

135

Asked by Dec 30, 2011 at 08:32 PM about the Ford Ranger

So what do people thing about Ford dropping the Ranger?  They think people will go into
the F-150.   I think it is not as good as the Silverado, or GMC Sierra, so it looks like after
being a Ford owner for 20+ years, I'll be changing brands.  
Maybe it was because Toyota and Nissan outsold them in the small truck category.  I am
sad that the Ranger will no longer be available in the US.

1,155

Especially since the lightning bolt never hit production. what bullshit.

it will be replaced with another small truck with another name,like the chevy S10 went to the colorodo.

1,155

but the colorado has a stupid inline five. i want a lightning bolt with a supercharged v-8

925

The ranger is just not being sold here in the US due to lack of sales. THey are still producing it over seas. If the call for it is felt they will bring it back. As for thinking that a GM product is better than a Ford then your truly not a Ford person. I have owned both and not by choise but the GM's never hold up to the abuse that a Ford does.

245

I agree with Richard....DIE HARD FORD FAN HERE!! I'm 24 years old and own an 86 F-150, '85, 94' and '04 Ranger, and a '77 mustang II. Have all these cause i have no reason to get rid of em... Just Won't Die!!! With hearing Papa's response, I would rather them replace the Ranger with a replacement "mini truck" rather them only produce the ranger over seas.

3,055

rumors are that ford will be putting the F-100 in production.a mid sized pick-up.the sales figure for the ranger are still high for canada and the u.s,fords states that updating the existing ranger would be to much of an expense.the ranger will still be poduced but not in canada or u.s.and dodge will not be producing the dakota as well.so gm are supposed to spuce up their small truck linel to try and cash in on the loss of the ranger and dakota.

Best Answer
245

I own an '05 Sport Trac and am extremely disappointed that it is gone. Like most who own small trucks, I have no need for a full size F150. I don't care how good of gas mileage it gets. Hopefully, when the time is right, I can build my truck the way I want to instead of purchasing a new vehicle.

I own a 70 & 71 Ranger,dont feel the need to sell eather,

3,055

im on my 3rd ranger,the one i have now is an 08 that i bough new.i like my ranger because all i need is a small truck.all my rangers have been very reliable.i like the small truck when i go hunting and fishing.i go in the bush a lot and the small truck with narrow and short weel base can go anywhere.im gonne keep this one for a long time since its gonna be my last ranger.to bad they wont be around anymore!

65

I have a 2001 Ranger and have never had any problems with it. It is a 4wd so the mileage isn't what I would like it to be but it is ok, better than my big truck, and it has surprising power. I have 98000 miles on it and don't have a single complaint. No leaks, nothing... I hope they replace it with a truck as good as this one.

105

I work at a Ford Dealership and I think it is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. I own a 1992 Ranger and I used to have a 1986 as well, you can't beat these trucks! The idea is that they are going to put a V6 in a short wheelbase F-150 and that Ranger buyers will flock to that (I don't believe it will work).

135

Rob- 1991 must have been a good year. I bought my first Ranger in 1994 (used 1992) and kept it 9 years. The fuel pump did go out, but that was the only major thing. Traded it in on an 2001 which I currently drive. My first car was a 1963 Econoline Van (bought in 1973) which I wish I kept. Always kept a bag of tools in the car, and could fix that thing on the fly. Your Ranger looks to be in excellent shape!

105

It has some dents and dings here and there (to be expected) and the usual rust spots (over the rear wheel openings) but the frame and the rest of the body are solid. My 86 was easier to work on for sure, but this one isn't much harder.

3,055

ford might regret not producing the ranger anymore because there very common.they will loose sales because some people like and want small trucks and so far the rangers ive owned have been very good trucks.