A/C not working

Asked by Jun 06, 2010 at 09:28 AM about the Ford Probe

I have replaced the ac switch in dash and still have nothing can anyone let me know what
else to do to get this working. It worked when I got the car also only have speed 3 &4 on the
switch what gives

probley a bad low pressure switch,or low on R134,as for the fan speed the fan regulator is going bad.

5

I know exactly what your problem is. I had the same problem and it took me 3 years to figure it out. Ford wiring diagram is wrong. Replace your blower resistor and it will take care of your problem. It is located under the glove boxby the blower. Two screws to remove it. pull it out and see that one of the coils (springs) is broken or has an open circuit. If you check on ebay you will see some for sale for about 80 to 100 bucks. I went to a junk yard and pulled one out myself for $5 bucks and 5 years later my A/C is still working. Acctually I pulled two ( I have one in reserve in case I need it again in the future)