KLZE swaped probe

15

Asked by Mar 24, 2009 at 01:40 AM about the Ford Probe

i am just wonder how many probes are out there with the KLZE swap done ????
p/s if someone has a question on the swap i can tell you the answer or find it for you

25

I've had mine swapped for a while now.. best upgrade for the probes other than the need for the computer or chip to make the electrical work out..

35

There are a LOT of KLZE swapped cars out there. What year is yours? I used to have a Ze, but ditched it for a motor I am building. I am guessing you have not been to Probetalk.com?

85

I got a ze swapped probe. Great upgrade, I just need to get a few things to make it run right. And replace my vris solenoids.

25

This is something that i was interested in doing in the spring, can you give me any advice? Where did you buy from? How much did you pay? Any tips and tricks for installation? Thanx

85

ONLY buy from TIGER JAPANESE.COM!!!! Or you could be seriously ripped off. Check your JDM KL-ZE engine for KL31 stamps on heads and on camshafts if you can. !KL31!. It was around $950 with shipping to Iowa, where I live. If you buy one, replace the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, and belts. Replace all you can before you install into the car. Make sure to switch over your original distributor and throttle body too, very important. Make sure you keep EVERYTHING off your original engine you may need. Also we had an easier time installing the engine from underneath the car with the use of a car lift and a cherry picker. And if you have a manual transmission, make sure that you resurface your flywheel and buy at least a STAGE 2 clutch or higher rated!!! That's just some basics for 'ya.

35

welll there are alot of tips i can give all i can say is dont take your car into any bogus oil change or repair centers because they fucked up my engine. 900+$ down the drain preety much. but mine does have the kz swap just go according to the state laws, because i know i couldnt get mmine at one time, i had to get part by part in order for them not to seize ahold of my engine

25

it's good that you said tiger, cause i was going to buy from probeaddiction.com They were quoting $1500 for the engine and like $250 to ship to wisconsin, thanx man

85

No problem. They are a good source and im only helping out another mazda/probe fan!!! haha

25

i am planning to do the swap soon and i was wondering what all i can keep from my stock klde motor?? :)

85

depends on the year of the engine and the year of your car. when you get an engine you should call someone and give them the VIN number iff the engine so they can tell you the year of it. if the car is a 93-94 you can use all the stock stuff, distributor, etc. but if its a 95 you will need a 95+ distributor or if your car is a 95+ and the engine is a 93-94 you will need a 93-94 distributor. all the other sensors are the exact same and will swap right over. keeping in mind that the swap is HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED for 96 and 97 probe gt's due to the OBD-II emissions control. If you want anymore info you should check out PROBETALK.COM

25

sweet that helps ill got probetalk and do some more research! thanks

20

i own a 95 ford probe gt 2.5 v6 (stick shift) and i want to swap my engine with a KLZE Eninge. Do u have directions on how to do that?

20

The other day while driving my dash lights went out and my tail lights. My break lights are fine tho i changed the fuses but they just keep popping.Any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it.

gettin ready to do a motor swap..any objections to using "gotjdm.com"? they priced me $1050 with a 6 month warranty....

20

how do you tell if your probe has a klze ??? doesnt it have to say mazda on the head?

10

I have a 1997 base model probe and I wanted to know if I could put a klze engine in it

I need help with my klze swap!!! have a few questions and concerns! please call or text me asap!! 5034009967

30

worst thing ever done to a probe i have one with the klze motor and somebody put a distributor in it with external coil and i cant find a cap for it u can overseas but the parts never show up

10

Can someone please tell me that the klze engine I just bought will swap over to my 93 probe gt I already changed the distributor and pump etc. Do I need to change the computer and Shit like that my friend says it's 2 different systems they run

voy a poner un kl-ze en mi 929 y quiero poner una caja lineal? cual caja le aria al bloque de cilindros y que volante de inercia poner?