I like to have more powerful headlights for my focus..any recommendations????

75

Asked by Nov 12, 2011 at 09:22 PM about the Ford Focus

I want more power lights to my focus headlights

35

yeah, HID kit. dont get LED. xenons are decent as well

SILVERSTAR,can get at wal mart $29.99 each,well worth it.

945

you could go with an Hid kit for your focus. the lower the kelvin number the more light you get but anything under about the 6000k mark is a waste of money. 6000k hid kit give off a lot of light.

Best Answer
65

no matter what you do make sure you polish your headlight covers or get brand new ones....it makes a HUGE difference...

25

i dont have a focus but i think u can install xenon lights

1,555

Xenon Super-White 12K!!!

945

there is no such thing as 12k whites. at 12k the turns purple and you can't see as far as you would with the 6k.

375

For a almost plug and play HID kit go to VVME.com enter your vehicle information in and it will tell you what type of bulb kit you will need for your car. I have a pair installed on my Porsche for the last three years no problem, my GMC Sonoma the last 2 no problem, my Mercedes 300e no problem for the last year. Installed a set on my wifes Rav4 a few months ago no problem. Kits are priced currently in the $50.00 range. I think there might be a xmas sale going on also... No cutting or splicing into wiring harness needed. Kit comes with connector to light bulb connector. You add one positive wire to the positive side of the battery , and at least one ground wire (black wire) . That's it. Install bulbs as if your changing a headlight bulb. You can always take the kit for your next car and reinstall some regular halogens when you sell your car too , because you do not cut into any of the wiring. Only problems I have had with installation is plugging in connector to ballast assembly, it's very easy to plug connector in backwards. Just unplug and flip connector and plug back in and everything should be good. You will have to find a place to mount the ballast under the hood. They offer two types regular size and smaller size. The smaller size is great when there's not much room under the hood to place the ballest. To order extra bulbs just in case is also not that expensive. Product ships straight from China via Fedex you can track it. Takes about a week to get. I've bought many kits from them and have always good results. Good luck.

1,555

fyi there are Xenon 12K white bulbs here in the Asian Market. Japanese manufacturers.

945

yeah but he wants to be able to see farther down the road he would be better off with the 6000k and im not sure how they made a 12000k white. The number like 6000k or 12000k has to do with the temperature on the light colour chat. 12000k is into the purple range. if you has a link to a website so i can see for myself that would be great.

1,555

http://www.xenon-bulbs.com/ look for HID FAQ...

945

hummm. thats interesting. any 12000k hid i have seen has been a purple colour

1,555

yeah these are new releases... some of them comes with the wiring ballast as bonus...

35

Have you ever just guessed that ur lens was dirty :p