Does my 96 ford festiva have a fuel reset button.

10

Asked by May 14, 2014 at 09:09 PM about the Ford Festiva

My partner connected the battery
leads the wrong way blow the main
engine fuse, have replaced it and
someone has suggested a reset
button.

102,285

The switch you are talking about is an interia switch, it should not be affected by the battery installed backwards. However other systems could have been, check the fuses inside the car also.

10

All fuses have been checked and working. Where would I find the interia switch.

102,285

It should be located in the rear cargo area on the passenger side, there will be a little hole in the support beam in that hole is the switch.

10

After pulling everything apart and getting my hand stuck there is no switch.

102,285

You should not have to pull anything apart, it is just a small hole slightly larger than a quarter. OK look on the drivers side in the same area the might be a little door open the compartment there will be the hole and with a flashlight you should be able to just see a little red button, if it pushes in it was tripped. Sorry got confused on build year.

10

All I can see on that side is the water container for rear window.

102,285

I found an old manual for a Mazda 323 that I understand is the baseline for a Festiva, here what they say: There's a > small hatch behind the driver's seat in the area of the fuel filler. Pushing > that button resets the switch. It's also connected to airbag systems on cars > with them. > > There is a fuel pump relay. The grn/yel wire should be hot when on. Check the > fuse links, and the "main relay", whose yel/blk wire should be hot when on. I can't verify this info, but all of the Fords I have worked on all had them in the rear cargo area except the truck and vans. You got me on this one, if it isn't there then you are going to have to follow the fuel pump power wiring until you find the switch. Sorry