My 2008 Ford Escape will not start. The battery is okay because lights and radio works. It will not start when you turn on the ignition. What could be the problem?

Asked by Nov 27, 2013 at 06:33 AM about the Ford Escape

My car will not start when I turn on the ignition.  The lights and radio work fine.  What
could possibly be the problem

Check the battery, you might have enough voltage to have the lights on but not enough to crank over the car. Any local auto parts store will check it for free, or you can check it yourself with a voltmeter, should be 12.3 or higher. If it's the original battery, it's time for a new one, batteries usually are good for 4-6 years if taken care of.

This is not the case with my '08 hybrid. I just got the battery changed today, and it started fine. After going to five stores without a problem, it wouldn't start AGAIN. I get lights, everything, but the engine won't start. This is my only car, and I can't afford to be without it. It takes 4- 5 trys before it starts.

It's still won't start with new battery n starter

2008 ford escape will not start new battery new starter

it might be the clutch safety switch idk the technical name for it, but my 2008 ford wont start either

It is the ignition switch. It wears out and will have to be replaced. I ordered one and watched the video on how to replace it. It is not that hard to do if you have basic mechanical skills. The part costs @ 85.00 from Parts Train and you have it in your hand within 2 days. You can also watch the video on how to repair the one in your car if you have the tools. You have to grind @ 1/4" of metal away in order for the keys to turn further allowing it to start the car.

I have a 2008 Ford escape I got into my car turn the key and all I get is a clicking sound all the lights on the car are on on the dash and the light in the vehicle is on and it's not damn why will my car not start

I watched a video on how to fix the problem. Have to remove the switch and grind the tab inside to allow the key to turn farther to the right. Fixed the problem

Have a two thousand fifteen Ford escape and it only starts when it wants to. Battery is fine voltage is fine. Just flicks when I turn it over

My 2009 Ford Escape will not crank every time when turning on key. All lights radio etc work. It may start or it may not. We have spent over 1000 at ford dealer replacing the switch changing box under hood everything has been changed and still has same issue. The only thing left to change is the key. Does anyone know if there is any recalls on these vehicles?